Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Quick-set rigs  (Read 3118 times)

Offline STP Fisherman

• Outdoorsman
I am looking for a quick-set rig that has one single and one treble hook but each hook has its own leader that connect at a barrel swivel. I have found these for ice fishing but they are only like 20# or 30# and I want one that is more like 80# or a 100#. Anyone know anything?

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
They are easy to make.  You can use either big game hard mono or flourocarbon.  You might want to try one wire and the other mono.  I have a tool that allows me to tie wire directly to the hook and swivel.  No leader connecters necessary. I don't like that tyable leader stuff.  I assume you are planning to wrap a sucker.   
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline rofferneil

• Outdoorsman
that works fine and if you set the hook ur self u stand just as little chance of killing the fish!!!