Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Minnesota Outdoorsman Show  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I would like to introduce to you..

The Minnesota Outdoorsman Show:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ad6VzgY0Ws[/youtube]

We are going to try and bring you at least one of these each month. Eventually we would like to see more but we'll start slow.

Hope you enjoy!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Very nice.  :happy1:   I look forward to the next one.  When I get back to the office I will go to youtube and find it.   I would suggest that anyone that goes onto youtube to subsribe the mno videos.     Does facebook also allow links to video?
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I like the idea.  Just a thought, maybe you could visit some MNO members hunting shacks, food plots, hunting property or whatever to make short videos for here.  Many post pictures of their stuff but a video would be fun. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
great ideas deadeye. this could even be done probably with members sending Tim (or others helping Tim with this) video footage of those things through email and Tim can piece together something for the show to help keep travel times, costs, etc down.

I think this is a great addition to MNO and am looking forward to more epsiodes in the near future.

Great work Tim and Big E!  :happy1:
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I like the idea.  Just a thought, maybe you could visit some MNO members hunting shacks, food plots, hunting property or whatever to make short videos for here.  Many post pictures of their stuff but a video would be fun. 

Great idea! PM sent.

Thanks Scott. More to come....  :happy1:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"

Great first show!  I like deadeye's idea too!   :happy1:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What video equipment do we need to get your footage and where is the best place to get this equipment?

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
What video equipment do we need to get your footage and where is the best place to get this equipment?

You can get a Canon GL2 on eby or craigslist used for anywhere from about 800 - 1200.

You need a minimum 3CCD Quality camera.

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Also...really liked the food plot segments.

Just a comment on the Egyptian Wheat being used as a visual barrier to access the site/stands.  That is a great idea to incorporate that into the overall plan.  Something that might be cheaper and can grow to 7 to 9 ft tall is "Sorghum Sudan" or Cane Sorghum or Forage Sorghum...all the same thing.

We usually use this as a food plot or winter cover source for pheasants...but it sounds like it would be even better than Egyptian Wheat since it looks like it gets even taller...providing even more cover for accessing your site/stand.

Here is a link...

http://www.habitatnow.com/store/shop/shop.php?pn_selected_category=16