Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bass Opener Reports  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Basspastor

• Outdoorsman
    • Bass Pundit
My first trip is in the books and it looks a lot like the past couple of Bass Openers for me with fair numbers of fish but a lack of quality bites.

I fished Platte/Sullivan (Crow Wing/Morrison) from about 5:30 to 11:30AM and got 28 bass from 11 to 15 inches.

Got fish on Flukes, Poppers, Buzz Frogs, and swim jigs.  The weeds are really up this year and already making for some challenging fishing.

I probably should have tried docks but with it being Memorial Weekend, I think I will leave doing that until either early in the day or until after everyone goes home on Monday.

There is a more detailed report at my blog Bass Pundit.

Offline Basspastor

• Outdoorsman
    • Bass Pundit
On Sunday I was out much longer 6AM to 3PM and only got 19 bass, but the size was better although no really big fish.

Got these fish on Flukes, Spooks, Snagproof Frogs, Buzz Frogs, and swim jigs.

In the evening I headed to Mille Lacs for some shore fishing for smallies and they were there.  I got 6 with 4 being over 17" and the biggest was 19.25".  All on swim jigs or a spinnerbait.

There is a more detailed reports at my blog Bass Pundit.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
VERY NICE!  Thanks for the reports!  I havent been out bass fishing yet, but as a matte of fact, I might just go out today!

:fishing2: