Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Tornado rip up are area,,,  (Read 3505 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well back on line, The Tornado That hit Wadena was big, Now I live 20 mile were it hit hard, I have friend and family that lost it all but they are a Ok  At 5:00 will be heading back to help with chain saw in hand and my camera, I was there this morning, Here are so photos I took this Morin, Please give me some time to post them al before replying As I do not have to a lots of time before I head back,,, I will try to post more later tonight, God help those people,,,,,,

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
More photos

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
More photos

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
More photos

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
More photos

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Air Photos

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Do they need a place to stay while they rebuild  ?
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
No They have take care of that, But

Volunteers sought to help with tornado damage in Wadena
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota together with Lutheran Disaster Response is working with other disaster relief and faith-based organizations to coordinate volunteers to assist those affected by the tornado that ripped through Wadena on June 17.

Volunteers are needed this week, Wednesday through Saturday, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. to help families remove debris, rake yards, chainsaw trees, and assist with general cleanup efforts.

Volunteers should register by calling 211 from a landline or 800-543-7709 from a cell phone. Groups larger than 15 should register by calling 211. No volunteers will be needed on Sunday.

Volunteers should wear work clothes and sturdy gloves and bring shovels, rakes and brooms. They meet in Wadena at the Pamida Parking Lot, 801 Jefferson St. N., located a half mile north of highways 71 and 10.

“Volunteers not only provide valuable physical help, but they also let families know that they are not alone by simply showing up and that is a great comfort,” said Mark Peterson, president and CEO of Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota.

While assessments of the impact are still under way, recent reports indicate that 25 homes have been destroyed and 270 buildings affected in the Wadena community, including schools, churches and businesses.

“In the near future, we will be meeting with community leaders to determine how we can help in long-term recovery efforts,” Peterson said. “In our experience, we know that it takes months and years for families and communities to rebuild their homes and lives.”

To make a donation that will help families in their recovery efforts, send contributions to Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota, 2485 Como Ave., St. Paul, MN 55108, Attn.:Minnesota Tornadoes, or visit www.lssmn.org

Here is more live photo of the Tornado that hit are area,
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978310111

I would also add that thing are getting better, I was there today again but there is still a long road to go,,,and winner come up fast, But with are help it can be done, Just think it could be you town and home that is gone, this time it not but next time it could be,
If you can help in clean up or in a donation, That would be great, If you can't help then keep them in you thou, I do have more photos to share but I have had no time to post then,
I all would like to thank all who have help it will never go annotates, Thank again,,
Wildlife Minnesota,   

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
This was there house,
iceman  Thank you for asking,  :happy1:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
There some photos of why they need help,,

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Wildlife, thanks for the great photographic update on the tornado damage.  I am glad your friends and family made it through it.   I know there were a couple of fatalities.  Looking at the damage I am amazed that there were not more.  It times like that that remind us how fragile life is.  Thanks again Wildlife. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
We have been saving Jeans day dollars at my office.  Had thought about sending to something like Haiti relief but had decieded to save for something closer to home.... its in the mail to LSS!  Our thoughts are with the families that were affected.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Wow, those pictures tell a story. Glad to hear they made it out OK. My heart goes out to them.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
We have been saving Jeans day dollars at my office.  Had thought about sending to something like Haiti relief but had decieded to save for something closer to home.... its in the mail to LSS!  Our thoughts are with the families that were affected.

Thanks corny13 That all can use it,  :happy1:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wildlife, thanks for the great photographic update on the tornado damage.  I am glad your friends and family made it through it.   I know there were a couple of fatalities.  Looking at the damage I am amazed that there were not more.  It times like that that remind us how fragile life is.  Thanks again Wildlife. 

Well it be a long long day, I run my store in tell help come in then off to Wadena, The chain saw is running good and good people are pick up, It hard to see the face, you have no clue in tell your face to face with some like this, I look up and see more trees, then you see a woman site down with her hand over her face on one of those trees next to what was her home  As you walk over to her, You can tell she was crying, I say to her how can I help she look right up at me and said I now have nothing nothing at all I loss ever thing, I answer back to her you are a live and we are here to help. As I walk to her and gave her a hug and said we are here to help, Then I made some call and more help came to her as we stare to dig in, It like this all over, Well it time for bed, Here some more photos, The first one the high school.   

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Its both amazing and horrible what weather can do. Went through some hit areas last weekend. Unreal.