Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear baiting...  (Read 2663 times)

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
With bear baiting only 2 months away just curious what everyone is planning to use for bait and what they look for when selecting a baiting station?

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Old donuts, breads, fryer grease, old jam & jelly, etc.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've tried many different food items and nothing beats a jelly donut.  (for bear bait you clowns)
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Here is a good video we made on bear baiting a few years ago. Very easy and cheap way to bait your bear.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaGyKeLxBw[/youtube]

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
how about a corn feeder...

[attachment deleted by admin]
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
there was a corn feeder hanging on that clothsline pole... I've got pics of about 3 different bears coming through.. one bore.. a momma and a cub. they ripped down the feeder which was hanging by good rope tour off the top which was held on my a bungy cord and ate the corn. I can fix the feeder and love the pics. I usually have the feeder out in the spring to help out momma does and the young uns. I'll pose some more pics.. I can't get multiples in the same reply.

also we use for bear bait.. hostess expired.. talk nice to the ladies at the surplus stores and you can fill up a truck for about 20$ and a bottle of their favorite hooch. but dog food, old bread and donuts//cupcakes/dingdongs.. and cover it in old fryer grease. they love it. we're not hunting beer on this land but maybe next year
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
another

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
this one is bigger

« Last Edit: July 07/03/10, 04:53:40 PM by beeker »

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My old man used to use strictly jelly donuts, bacon grease, and Anise.

I wanna get back into bear hunting, starting to see them around my cabin in Aitken again.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
If any of you baiters need corn syrup, Check this CL ad:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/zip/1827303782.html

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com