Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2010 WI Bear  (Read 1898 times)

Offline steiny

• Outdoorsman
Here he is.  Not the bear I have been waiting 10yrs for but it is what it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a respectable specimen! Congrats  :toast:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Were you doing a dog hunt?  How did that go?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
VERY NICE BEAR!   :happy1:
-- If I can recall, you were hunting bear in Wisco instead of hunting deer for opener in Minn.?  If my memory is right, GREAT CHOICE TO HUNT FOR BEAR!

Offline steiny

• Outdoorsman
I have been running dogs for 10years here in WI.  As a resident of Wisconsin, it took me 10years to draw a tag.  That is the reason I focused on bear vs. deer.  Now I can focus on bowhunting deer.
Running dogs is a passion of mine, I have chased/killed Mountain Lions, coyotes, bobcat, coon and bear with my hounds; along with my friends and thier hounds.  We have been doing free guide services for bears in the past years due to lack of tags within our ring of friends. 
Its fun taking someone who has never hunted with hounds.  We have taken 6 guys who have all hunted and killed bears over bait in the past.  All 6 say hound hunting is the way to go.  Way more fun/excitement.  I do have to say, it's a thrill.
However, when I draw my next tag I will probably try bait sitting.  My friends and dogs are not going to be happy!

Offline NephronRacing

• Outdoorsman
Nice bear, congrats!