Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Tree rats  (Read 1482 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Took my oldest out after squirrels tonight.  We had a great time and she got 2. I'll post pics later.  We have always taken the 22.  This time we took the 12 gauge.  She said she needed practice for the youth day pheasant hunt on friday.  Grandpa let her take his a-5 browning.  He has never let me use it but I guess he has a soft spot for his grand daughter.  We will be eating the tree rats when I get back from up north.  Hopefully it will be squirrel and back strap stew.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline mahmoodmahi

• Outdoorsman
Squirrel is always fun,and great for kids, Im stuck in the dirty south right now, and got a chance to walk public land, shot one grey (didn't see anything else, really I was looking for rabbit). Went with a local, and it is really fun to watch someone who takes squirrel hunting seriously.