Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Favre?  (Read 5761 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Will Brett make his next start?  It's been reported that Brett has a stress fracture in his ankle and another fracture that a ligamnet pulled bone away in his ankle.  What do you think...with the streak of games started end this weekend?  Or will he somehow be able to play?

I know he played with a broken thumb (on his throwing hand) a couple years ago.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
He'll play.  And if he doesn't, he'll walk away and retire on the spot.  I think....    :scratch:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
He will "start" the game which in turn keeps the streak alive.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Time to se what Jackson has.... It could be good, can't be worse than what we've seen this year.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
He will play, a hurt Farve is still way better then the best high school quarertback in the pros!
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i wanna see what jackson can do, favre is done, i think he retires now, he just looks worn out and with trying to carry the team and being hit and the nfl investigation it has started to take a toll on him. i say thanks brett for giving it your all, you can rest now. jackson never had the weapons that brett has now, his go to guy in shank(TE) his first year here he dropped half the passes thrown his way. and the best receiver jackson had was troy williamson(awful). plus 1 1/2 year behind favre could only help.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
i wanna see what jackson can do, favre is done, i think he retires now, he just looks worn out and with trying to carry the team and being hit and the nfl investigation it has started to take a toll on him. i say thanks brett for giving it your all, you can rest now. jackson never had the weapons that brett has now, his go to guy in shank(TE) his first year here he dropped half the passes thrown his way. and the best receiver jackson had was troy williamson(awful). plus 1 1/2 year behind favre could only help.

I'm willing to give T Jack a shot! he has a great attitude and that goes a long way. And your right paying behind Favre I bet has improved him quite a bit..... We will see. Favre's ankle is wrecked pretty bad.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly, let TJ get some experience - we dont have much of a chance at the playoffs, so might at well give TJ some playing time.

Favre's ankle, elbow, and sexting arent helping much - he should retire, I dont think he can recover quickly from this ankle thing.  He is just casting a bad light on the team, we need some new image!

LET T-JACK GET A CHANCE TO THROW TO RANDY... He made Culpepper look good!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
LET T-JACK GET A CHANCE TO THROW TO RANDY... He made Culpepper look good!

Good point! Lets do this! I'm on the T-Jack Wagon!! Go Vikes!  :happy1:

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Everyone is allowed an opinion I suppose :scratch: I am pretty sure most MN fans were trying to get rid of Tjack 2 months ago now they are all saying I think this guy could be good :scratch:
Unless this guy has improved dramatically he still cant read a Defense and all he will be good at is handing the ball to AP and hurling it down field and hoping moss can make some catches between two defenders when every team out there disguises the double coverage with the safety.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Unless Jared Allen can start finding the QB and MN d backs stop some passes from being completed it ain't going to make much of a difference who is the QB.. Team is not out of it why give up and give the ball to TJ  :scratch:
Bobby Bass

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
ESPN reported Favre will most likely play, The fractures are not as bad as they first
suspected.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I didnt want TJ to play a few months ago - but when you have a guy like him throwing to Greg Camarillo, Greg Lewis, Hank Baskett and Bernard Berrian (being the best of them) its hard for him to look good.
I think with the addition of Moss, it takes more pressure off of the WRs because the corners are focused on Moss' deep threat.  I thought TJ is decent, not that good, but with weapons - especially if we add Rice, he can be a pretty good QB because of the weapons.  PLUS, he is more mobile than Favre, so he can get 1st downs that way, where favre would just fall down, or throw a pick.

To go along with that, look at Matt Cassel, he was a stud when he was with NE and throwing to Moss and Welker - anyone can do that.  But when he went over to KC, he was throwing to Dwayne Bowe, Tony Moeki and Dexter Mcluster - his stats werent so good (or not as good - I would take him right no over Favre, atleast KC is winning games)
« Last Edit: October 10/27/10, 04:17:15 PM by MTCOMMER »

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Unless Jared Allen can start finding the QB and MN d backs stop some passes from being completed it ain't going to make much of a difference who is the QB.. Team is not out of it why give up and give the ball to TJ  :scratch:

our passing D is top half of the NFL which is a huge improvement from last year...corners are banged up. most teams HAVE to pass it against us because they can not run the ball. yes Jared has been quiet for the most part this season but weres Ray Edwards at with his 1 guy he has to beat but cant? our front 4 still puts alot of pressure on the quarterback regardless if we sack him alot or not, we still make the opposing teams QB very very nervous. also Allen has faced some of the very best left tackles in the game of football.... our D only allows 19 points a game thats top 6 in the NFL. its our offense that has to fire up and do its job, our defense isnt the ones lacking how do you go from the 2nd highest scoring offense to the 3rd losest scoring offense in 1 year when you keep everyone and add randy moss???? :scratch:  so i would like to see the defense given some credit where credit is due, our defense is the ones who keep us in the game and gives us chances to win it at the end....

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Great posts gentlemen, I say let Vick jr. (Joe Webb) start and get some playing time in.  All I know is when havn't we known Favre to throw picks?  Also if Harvin was another 6" inside the end zone's outer edge on that pass and catch, we would be 3-3?

:woot:

Here's to you Packers----Moss= :moon:

« Last Edit: October 10/27/10, 07:54:49 PM by proangler16 »
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Just my .02

The Packers........Picked to win the division and possibly the superbowl this year.  What other quarterback besides Favre could have went into Greenbay had a 50 QB rating and still should have won the game.  If T-Jack had a fifty QB rating I would be turning the game off at halftime in any game he plays in.  I'd take Favre in a wheelchair over any QB we have.  Jared Allen must be so  :censored: whooped up at home it isn't funny (He got hitched this past year).  By the way Cody against the Pack Edwards was the one being double teamed and Allen was 1-1 the whole game.  Against the same guy I believe he torched last year for 6 sacks.  Someone needs to kick him in the  :moon: and get him fired up.  Plus I heard he lost weight this year and he didn't have any fat to loose.......maybe off the HGH or roids??  Childress is the one who needs to go.  
« Last Edit: October 10/27/10, 11:50:31 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well the packers game clifton was holding allen all night...sometime pretty bad, watched him pulled from getting a sack 2 different times, with no flag

Offline steiny

• Outdoorsman
This has turned from a "will Favre play" forum to a "cheesehead hater" forum! :surrender:

Keep in mind last weeks game was also A-Rod's worst played game to date!

Favre walks and talks on game day - Favre plays on game day.  My call is he plays first series and sits the rest of the game.

Go PACK!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

our passing D is top half of the NFL which is a huge improvement from last year...corners are banged up. most teams HAVE to pass it against us because they can not run the ball. yes Jared has been quiet for the most part this season but weres Ray Edwards at with his 1 guy he has to beat but cant? our front 4 still puts alot of pressure on the quarterback regardless if we sack him alot or not, we still make the opposing teams QB very very nervous. also Allen has faced some of the very best left tackles in the game of football.... our D only allows 19 points a game thats top 6 in the NFL. its our offense that has to fire up and do its job, our defense isnt the ones lacking how do you go from the 2nd highest scoring offense to the 3rd losest scoring offense in 1 year when you keep everyone and add randy moss???? :scratch:  so i would like to see the defense given some credit where credit is due, our defense is the ones who keep us in the game and gives us chances to win it at the end....
With six games played ( many other teams have 7 already in )the Vikes are ranked 13th in pass defense and 11th in rushing defense. If Rogers could have hit half the passes he was throwing in the 3rd quarter the game would not have been as close as it was.  I think the window for this team has already closed.  But I would much rather watch Farve then T slack.. with a lockout next year this might be your only football to watch for awhile.
Bobby Bass

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Typical Chilly games..... its in the best interest of the Viqueens not to let on as to who will start.... but at worst, Blubbering Brett will start and T-Jack will finish, or should I say ..... will go next. :whistling:  Chilly's playin games with them cheating Patriots, thought it was hillarious that he brought that stuff again.... Wasnt that two years ago? :scratch:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah.... Jarred definatly looks smaller this year... his arms are still pretty largebut he lost body mass over the off season.  When he hits them big ofensive linemen he loses momentum big time.... he gets held alot but he isnt the same this year..... :scratch:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
For all the guys ragging on Jared - he is having a pretty good year, just without the stats.... Just my opinion.
He is being targeted more by O-lines, and the QB is able to get the ball out faster because of our crappy secondary (who got really lucky that Rogers missed some of those passes).
Against QB, Chad Clifton was on Allen - who was injured last year and when Allen had those 6 sacks, it was against, If I remember right, a third string 'center', maybe it was a guard, but the O-line of the packers was banged up all year last year.

I have seen teams purposely take Allen out of a play - have the guard let him run by them, and then hand it off inside so Allen is in the backfield and cannot get the RB.  There are often extra TEs that teams bring in to block... Once a player has a great year, he is on everyones radar a little more than usual and thats why.

Plus, noticed all the times Jared is right there and the QB throws the ball.... its pretty hard to get a sack against a start QB who can run and has pocker presence.  You pretty much have to catch them off guard - not all QBs just lay down like Favre.
Just my 3 cents, by no means is Jared having a bad year, but of course it could be better in the numbers. (He did have that great INT last game - that was pretty awesome)

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I think allen is a speed rusher . He is getting beat by stronger players and when he does have a free speed rush they just run draws up the middle or 3 step drops and get rid of the ball. With that being said great players find a way to adjust their game and still make plays. Jared has not done that this year in my opinion.

Offline Brian

• Outdoorsman
Childress doesn't have the  :censored:to sit farve.  Most people want to see what the other guys could do. But for 20 mil he might as well get everything out of him that he can.  It is like a marriage, for better or worse, well it can't get much worse, that is unless the lions win a few more and dig themselves out of the north cellar. 

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
If Favre if healthy enough to play, he should start hands down. He played great last week. He always does when he has time. Oh wait, Colonel Klink got rid of Moss so now Favre will be back to no time. DIPSHNIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
If I am a team owner and paying someone 20 mil to play, they better be playing. There has never been a comment about Farve playing once he makes it to the field. Can't say that about Moss..
Bobby Bass