Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Anyone else responsible for cooking the Thanksgiving Day Meal?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     I spent the morning at the grocery store.  :taz:   Can you say stress!!   I though driving to work was hectic.  It's like a boat launch on opening day.  Anbody else responsible for the Holiday meal.  I don't mean plopping a turkey on the grill either.   I mean cleaning the house, doing the shopping, planning the menu, and trying to get it all done by a certain time tomorrow.  If not, be sure to thank your wife, mom, girlfriend, host !!!   ;)  Ask if you can help out.  Don't be surprised if tension is high.  It's a lot of work.  I do it every year and look forward to it.  My blood pressure is on the rise already.  I can't wait to see what crucial item I forgot to get. ;D

Just a Public Service Announcement---Everybody have a great Thanksgiving!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     I spent the morning at the grocery store.  :taz:   Can you say stress!!   I though driving to work was hectic.  It's like a boat launch on opening day.  Anbody else responsible for the Holiday meal.  I don't mean plopping a turkey on the grill either.   I mean cleaning the house, doing the shopping, planning the menu, and trying to get it all done by a certain time tomorrow.  If not, be sure to thank your wife, mom, girlfriend, host !!!   ;)  Ask if you can help out.  Don't be surprised if tension is high.  It's a lot of work.  I do it every year and look forward to it.  My blood pressure is on the rise already.  I can't wait to see what crucial item I forgot to get. ;D

Just a Public Service Announcement---Everybody have a great Thanksgiving!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Well, over here at the Borgersen's I'm the only chef year round. Actually I take that back sometimes Borgie and I take turns. I cook one night and she reheats the leftovers the next night. Then I cook the next night and she reheats the leftovers the following night and so on.

I get a kick out of meeting any of her lady friends for the first time. The first thing I hear is "Oh Borgie always brags about how you do all the cooking."  I'm telling you that the women love to flock around me when they hear I do the cooking. It don't matter how old or fat you are they are just automatically attracted to you. I overheard Borgie telling the next door neighbor lady that Lee fixes the whole turkey dinner and he washes dishes to. As I walked out the back door the neighbor lady started complementing me on my domestic skills.

I'd much rather be complemented for being outstanding fishing guide, but at my age I'll take any and all complements I can get.

Lee

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     Lee,  being the guide is expected.  If you want to cause cat fights try this.  Instead of the bread crumbs take king's hawiian dinner rolls.  Fillet them into thirds the long way.   Toast each 1/3 by itself in a toaster oven.  Chop into cubes.  Use this in your stuffing,dressing recipe.  Everything else the same.   OMG(don't know what this means, it was said on an insurance commercial) you will be a hit.   I did the White Castle last year.  It was great.  The kings was OMG.  I did mix a little pork sausage in it too.  I don't want this in the other thread about recipes.  This secret needs to be hunted down.  :chef: :chef: :chef:   
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha, Scott, OMG!  :rotflmao:
I saw the recipe for the White Castle stuffing this year on TV and it looked like it would be pretty darn good.  I never thought of adding Hawaiian bread though - might have to give that a try.
My favorite dish is always the stuffing, it can only get better if its made with Burgers, right?  :scratch: