Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikings game to be held in TCF stadium  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Maybe we can dismantle them in the snow like Brady and company did not that it will matter were out either way But it could make the division funner to watch
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well, if bears win and packers lose bears clinch the division i guess....so its a win win for use either way sense we are out of the running hahah lose and screw over the packers or win and screw with both teams hahaha

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
Man I would love to be at that game.
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
If this game was already sold out thats 64000 I thought tcf only seated 50000? How does that work?

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a Canadian contingency coming down for the game so watch for some big dudes waving some flags! (probably with no shirts on :doah:)
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline whiteoakbuck

• Master Outdoorsman
If this game was already sold out thats 64000 I thought tcf only seated 50000? How does that work?
rumor has it they are adding more seating  :scratch: not sure how or where but sounds like thats the plan
Hunting is not life and death. It is more important than that.

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
It goes by order of purchase. Not everyone who had a ticket will be able to attend.
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
right now they are trying to accomidate(sp) season ticket holders somewhere in the numbers of 54,000, then what they have left if they have any(remember its gonna be cold out) so i dont think they going to have much problems with it. also i just read that the dome roof has ripped another hole in its top....

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Listen up here! You boys need to check in over here:

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=22245.msg156170#msg156170  if you want to get in on the real action. That is unless you feel the Vikes aren't worth supporting and should move to California where they would be more appreciated and get a new stadium.  :whistling:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Was just invited to go to the game! :happybounce:

This should be an interesting evening!!

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Now everything is General admission! Glad I did not spend big money on tickets. If you have tickets you had better be there early or you may not get a seat. A ticket does not gurantee a seat. Imigane if you bought scalper tickets for the front row 50 yd line now ur SOL!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
No booze at the game, but there is booze in my fridge!   :toast:

-- No chance of me going to the game, but it will be nice to watch them play outside - i wish it would blizzard that day, it would make the game more interesting!

The vikings should build an OUTDOOR stadium!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Will be cool to see them playing outside. I thought TCF only held about 3700??

Oh yea, the Big Inflatable Toilet (Dome) has another panel out. That makes four. Tear it down already and start over.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i think this is rediculus and that everyone should be reimbursed for thier tickets and then just sell new ones at the door first to people that had tickets.

i know people that have season tickets and if i were them and didnt get a seat or ended up in the very back when my tickets were for row 3 on the 50 i would raise hell.
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
joe webb will be starting his first career game, so this should be interesting. i think your going to see a good ol fashioned NRC north outside game, lots of running and hard nosed defense.....

Offline Pete

• Outdoorsman
Chris Kluwe predicts MNF 'trainwreck'

The playing surface at TCF Bank Stadium is "as hard as concrete" and "unplayable," Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe tweeted Sunday afternoon after a brief practice there.

Seifert: Questions Remain On Stadium

The shotgun plan to play at TCF Bank Stadium was both ambitious and risky and early returns are mixed, Kevin Seifert writes. Blog

Despite skepticism from both Vikings and Chicago Bears players last week, team and University of Minnesota officials have expressed confidence that the field would be in acceptable condition for Monday night's game -- even after a mad scramble to clear 20-inch snow drifts from the field this week.

But after Sunday's practice, Kluwe issued a series of tweets that predicted the game would be a "trainwreck."

Kluwe: "The field is as hard as concrete an hour and a half after they took the tarp off, and anyone that hits their head is getting a concussion. ... I find it interesting that the NFL can claim an emphasis on player safety, and then tell us the field is fine. It's beyond hypocritical. ... I can only hope, however unlikely, that no one gets catastrophically injured at the trainwreck that's about to take place tomorrow night."

Via Twitter, Kluwe said he had been asked to stop tweeting about the playing conditions.

While Kluwe sounded off, Vikings interim coach Leslie Frazier praised the work done to get the field ready for Monday night's game and said he expects the players to be safe.

"A great job by the people that have worked on it all week long," Frazier told the team's website. "It really seems to me that there are going to be safe conditions. It's not something that our players have to be concerned about. We can just go out and play football, so it should be good for both teams."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5936174

I thought this was interesting.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
ya i just read that, seems they are pretty unhappy with the field

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.  :popcorn:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a call asking if i wanted to go, so i accepted. so ill be there tommorow

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Can't wait to watch this game! I even took part of the night off of work to watch it. Really wish i could be there even if it is gonna be a blizzard out! For Kluwe comments come on your a punter just shut up and kick the ball...

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Kluwe tweeted this information......?

Regardless of the field shape...he tweeted his information. Paris Hilton and TMZ tweet too.....what a pansy.

Good luck to the Vikes...they will need it and hopefully this sparks some more interest in the team for next year.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
We have decided not to go.... what a mess. I'm sure it would be a ton of fun but I have a million other things that need to be done. I'm sure i'll get over it  :happy1:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
tim ya didnt miss anything. traffic was awful. game was cold. but we had a ton of fun! anyone see that guy run onto the field then get tackled by the police? that was right in front of us!!maybe the vikings need to contact that officer and sign him to play linebacker. because we really could not tackle last night. the line wasnt getting a push and couldnt block at all. and refs sucked(like usual) but lots of people were supporting a outdoor stadium! which was cool to see

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
It looked like it would have been a good time - if the game was a little closer.  The first drive looked promising, but that was about it.
ESPN didnt show the guy on the field - I guess they dont show that anymore on TV, do it will try to deter the people.  Wish they would have showed it though.

--All we have to do is draft 3QB's this next year, and pick the best one to build a team around.  The vikes are nothing without a good QB.

Also, I guess I heard today that the vikes are for sure no leasing the Dome again.... so its either a new stadium, or Los Angeles.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Also, I guess I heard today that the vikes are for sure no leasing the Dome again.... so its either a new stadium, or Los Angeles.

At this point its not looking too good....

During the 30 minute get-together, Republicans were non-committal about whether to take up a stadium bill. Zeller said it’s not priority one, or two, or three.

“The vast majority of Minnesotans want to make sure that their job is safe … that’s going to be our focus,” said Zellers.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
It looked like it would have been a good time - if the game was a little closer.  The first drive looked promising, but that was about it.
ESPN didnt show the guy on the field - I guess they dont show that anymore on TV, do it will try to deter the people.  Wish they would have showed it though.

they actually blew our PAT try dead because TV was still on commercial...no lie...i was pretty pissed about that.

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Chad Greenway said. "The field conditions I thought were pretty excellent to be honest with you considering what was going on."

That proves Kluwe is just a pansy and didn't want to bring down his net average. He wonders why they were booing him?
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields