Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New Propane Augers  (Read 2865 times)

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
So, does anyone own any of the new Jiffy Propane augers?  
-- I am curious how well they work, I guess they are powered on the 1lb propane tanks that you can buy pretty much anywhere.  It seems to be they wouldnt work as well as the gas powered - but now you can drill holes in your house w/o coughing from fumigating yourself or keeping the door open.

I also wonder how long the propane tanks last?

Here is a picture of them - they look exactly the same - just no gas tank and no priming  :bow:

Looks like the cheapest is $500 though  :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/04/11, 09:35:31 PM by MTCOMMER »

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
They were running those at the Icefishing show last Dec they sounded powerful.I havent heard anything about them.I have to say the idea is better than strikemasters idea to get away from gas

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i would like to try these and wonder how they will run after a few years use. seems a lot cleaner than gas. no mixing and leaking gas everywhere and it always seems like after 5 years or so no matter what kind it is the engines get touchy and leak gas from everywhere. i love a new gas augers but for the price you pay they should work better 5+ years down the road.

maybe its just my experiences with them?
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline mikekerryphipppen

• Outdoorsman
I have used  over 20 different augers over the last 5 yrs. Some were good some just plain sucked, all but a brand new one needed tweeking to make work. They were loud, noisey and dirty. So I hope this new type works well. but I bought it to day and the engine and transmition are connected by a plastic housing, and that housing was shattered in  the box. Now it is a fluke or a weak spot? guess I will find out when I get the next one.

Offline mikekerryphipppen

• Outdoorsman
New auger works great, drilled 100+ holes this last weekend for my sons and they friends and not a problem fast easy to start lots of power but it is heavy but the boys are young and i"ll have them around for another 10 years

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Something else to consider with propane power: The Schwan's company (home delivery frozen items) delivery trucks run on propane so if it can move a 5 ton truck, it would be able to cut ice. :scratch:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.