Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487560 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Team #13  Puts the first Walleye on the Board!!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
All this smack and the Team given #13 on the 13th is in FIRST PLACE!!!!!!
BTW walleye fillets are on the grill better go turn them!

Nice start corn. ;)  While your boasting about your #13 statistics you failed to finish the story. Like about how your team is going to finish The Challenge in 13th place  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/11, 09:14:18 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
To be read with the theme music from Mission Impossible playing in the background.

Bobby your mission is to spend your summer fishing lakes throughout your area in search of Bass, Northern

and that pesky Walleye. You are to catch, measure and photograph the largest ones and enter them in the

Fishing Challenge. You will be teamed up with two other fishermen one who will select your fishing team

covers name
. We advise you to keep a low profile and just let your catch do your talking for you. Good luck,

this message will self destruct in 5-4-3-2- {{{{{{{ BOOM}}}}}}}}}}

What a bunch of  :bs:.  I asked you very nicely about some of the team names I would like.  You shot every one of them down.  Even Team HammsCoors(greatoutdoors beer of choice entered here) because we weren't sponsored by them, give me a break.  I sent the same list of team names to greatoutdoors and he highly recommended SEALTeam6.  I asked both of you for any names either of you would like to be thrown in the hat and you replied with absolutely zero ideas.  Then you tell me to pick what ever I would like so I chose the team greatoutdoors selected.  I wanted team TroutSniffers personally.  I even told that one to Lee a few months back.  Then you post some   :bs: about not getting a say.  Grow Up!  Pick what ever you want then and we will change the name. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Oh yea for you smackers that havent gotten out fishing here is a pic of the Winner's dinner....

Yep, it was delicious!  :whistling:

Nice first catch Corny13.  I thought you were gong to be someone SEALTeam6 was going to have to watch out for until I saw that glass of Wine.  Then I knew it was going to be easy because a real fisherman would have had a can of beer sitting in next to that meal.  Unless that is your wife's plate.  Then I'd have to ask what the steak is on the plate for...........fish cooking skills not up to par?   :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
Oh yea for you smackers that havent gotten out fishing here is a pic of the Winner's dinner....

Yep, it was delicious!  :whistling:
Whats that green stuff?
The white stuff should have been tossed out with the fish guts...You really eat that?
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
After an evening filled with Barberic activities (Fire, beer, games and woman) it is now time to find, or make, a white spinner bait.
I already have the rest of the Barbarian fish harvesting supplies.

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck.
Thats for all you teams that will NOT be winning.
 :nerd:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Woa Big Slick...a word of wisdom...NEver Never use more than 1/4 stick or youwill burst their air sac.. :bonk:.they wont float up to the surface.  Also make sure your old nets hole is repaired.  Final words of wisdom...   Heavy drinking  :tequila; and dynamiting do not go well together! :titanic:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
General   well all the beer had been drunk...but it wasnt  Hamms/Coors mixed together like some kid that has to swill the leftovers in cans they find.  It was my new Favorite Beer that I think I can get to Sponcer the MNO 11 Challenge Winning Team   the  #13 Floating Rapalas!  We are also waiting to hear from Normark our other possible Sponcer. :happy1:  I have emailed both Companys and await to hear what they will offer us!! :whistling:

Pictures of our Future Sponcers

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I couldn't help but notice Corny's spinnerbait says, "ONW". Wouldn't that be grounds for a disqualification? Probably some kind of devil worshiping secret code. And then he tries to distract us with some cult beer.

...and I thought I knew the man.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't help but notice Corny's spinnerbait says, "ONW". Wouldn't that be grounds for a disqualification? Probably some kind of devil worshiping secret code. And then he tries to distract us with some cult beer.

...and I thought I knew the man.

It's comforting to know that we have a person such as yourself looking out for the rest of us.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well SEALTeam6 would you like to jump into 1st place or should I just post up a small one I caught today?

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Well SEALTeam6 would you like to jump into 1st place or should I just post up a small one I caught today?
We don't need to rush into anything like the other wannabes, General. 
It's plain to see by anyone with fishing saavy, that SEALTeam 6 has outstanding members, obviously hand picked only after a high level of scrutiny.
We only concentrate on "big fish" as the team name will attest to. :dancinred:
When SEALTeam 6 strikes, it will be on quality targets, not just anything to rack up a body count. training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
Under the leadership of the General, we will kick ass!!  Hoo Rah!! :happy1:

The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Team #13  Puts the first Walleye on the Board!!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
All this smack and the Team given #13 on the 13th is in FIRST PLACE!!!!!!
BTW walleye fillets are on the grill better go turn them!

Well that was short lived, You just move to 2 place and the The General to 3 place as The Barbarians are in First place now :moon:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Barbarians..Bump.. :sorry:..Now that WAS short lived! :whistling:  Back to Second place where you belong!  :king:

Offline Geodopolis

• Outdoorsman
Barbarians..Bump.. :sorry:..Now that WAS short lived! :whistling:  Back to Second place where you belong!  :king:
:Clap:  I'll be going out mid-week in case there are any late posters trying to steal our spot.
Shaddup and fish!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
It's plain to see by anyone with fishing saavy, that SEALTeam 6 has outstanding members, obviously hand picked only after a high level of scrutiny.
When SEALTeam 6 strikes, it will be on quality targets, not just anything to rack up a body count. training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
Under the leadership of the General, we will kick ass!!  Hoo Rah!! :happy1:

Nice Post!  While concentrating on the big ones I couldn't keep the ones under 25 inches from taking the bait.  So I figured fate wanted that little one to start us off. 

But we better promote you to a 5 star General and be under your leadership to make everyone on the team happy.   :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/16/11, 09:15:25 AM by The General »

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Geo I will pass the baton to you.... :drinking:   Good luck on the Big Pond this week.
Now for you Unfortunates that are trailing behind the #13 Floating Rapalas  I will give you a Tip.   How did we have so much Luck on Opener???? :scratch:

Well under my many Layers of Clothing I was wearing my New Lucky T-shirt made by Fawkinnea from this years Eelpout, that he is generously donating three more...to the Challenge.. :Clap: :Clap:

Yesterday I thought I had the winning Walleye of the Year on, when I saw the yellow under the water I yelled GET THE NET... here is what I caught :whistling: He fought like a 10lb walleye!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Nice Post!  While concentrating on the big ones I couldn't keep the ones under 25 inches from taking the bait.  So I figured fate wanted that little one to start us off. 

But we better promote you to a 5 star General and be under your leadership to make everyone on the team happy.   :happy1:

You guys missed the boat when naming your team although everyone wouldn't mind if you changed it to

General Nuisance. I'm sure you won't change it now because I recommended it. Although I know you love it. Just check with me after the Barbarians win the championship this year and I may give you some pointers.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

You guys missed the boat when naming your team although everyone wouldn't mind if you changed it to

General Nuisance. I'm sure you won't change it now because I recommended it. Although I know you love it. Just check with me after the Barbarians win the championship this year and I may give you some pointers.

It's ok Lee.  We know you are upset because all of you time spent during the off season trying to figure out how to win this thing was for nothing once you saw SEALTeam6 busting the front door of the Champions Mansion down to take over and kick out the rif raf.  We will stay busy "snappin necks and cashing checks". 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice fish corn. If you don't mind a suggestion, for your next photo opp. Hold that fish in one hand and a fancy glass of wine in the other hand. That would help to secure your current image you've portrayed In our minds. Especially since that's how we picture you and your teammates.

Actually your team members could pose for a group shot with wine glasses held high. Maybe even a team calendar would be in order. I'm sure there would be a market for them within a certain element of society. :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey General,

Your teammate geratoutdoors just called and he wants you to bring over some T Paper since he never has any. Your so lucky to have such quality team members. :doah:

You may have to bring him a rod and reel since he can't find his. Don't bother to spool up the reel since he won't know the difference.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey General,

Your teammate geratoutdoors just called and he wants you to bring over some T Paper since he never has any. Your so lucky to have such quality team members. :doah:

You may have to bring him a rod and reel since he can't find his. Don't bother to spool up the reel since he won't know the difference.

When you are a part of SEALTeam6 you can take a deuce were ever you please, because no one is going to mess with you anyway.   However that can't be greatoutdoors because he would have had a big cigar and his ammo belt, with gun, still on. 

P.S. That looks just like Corny13.......except he would have had a glass of wine. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey General,

When you are a part of SEALTeam6 you can take a deuce were ever you please, because no one is going to mess with you anyway.   However that can't be greatoutdoors because he would have had a big cigar and his ammo belt, with gun, still on. 

P.S. That looks just like Corny13.......except he would have had a glass of wine. 

:rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey General,

:rotflmao:

Where did corn and the boys dig up that team name "The Rapalas"? It sounds like one of those old Motown singing groups from the mid 60's

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
To be read with the theme music from Mission Impossible playing in the background.

Bobby your mission is to spend your summer fishing lakes throughout your area in search of Bass, Northern

and that pesky Walleye. You are to catch, measure and photograph the largest ones and enter them in the

Fishing Challenge. You will be teamed up with two other fishermen one who will select your fishing team

covers name
. We advise you to keep a low profile and just let your catch do your talking for you. Good luck,

this message will self destruct in 5-4-3-2- {{{{{{{ BOOM}}}}}}}}}}

What a bunch of  :bs:.  I asked you very nicely about some of the team names I would like.  You shot every one of them down.  Even Team HammsCoors(greatoutdoors beer of choice entered here) because we weren't sponsored by them, give me a break.  I sent the same list of team names to greatoutdoors and he highly recommended SEALTeam6.  I asked both of you for any names either of you would like to be thrown in the hat and you replied with absolutely zero ideas.  Then you tell me to pick what ever I would like so I chose the team greatoutdoors selected.  I wanted team TroutSniffers personally.  I even told that one to Lee a few months back.  Then you post some   :bs: about not getting a say.  Grow Up!  Pick what ever you want then and we will change the name. 

Sound like you guys are marred,  :whistling::scratch: you should have got with TroutSniffers  :whistling: As this would fit better  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

You better enjoy it now  :whistling:  Because It only mater at the in and we will be in first place then  :happy1: 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
"I  Scratch you should have got with TroutSniffers  whistling As this would fit better"  There is always next year :happy1:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
"I  Scratch you should have got with TroutSniffers  whistling As this would fit better"  There is always next year :happy1:

What Wong  General  you can not  :scratch: of something better then to use my line,
You are getting beat donw by your own game,  :scratch: of a new line you are fail at a lot of thing lately,

One more thing I see when you posted your fish you all ways say it small? Is that what your wife tell you all the time?  :whistling:

Now your in 3 place and I am in 2 place   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
So we ask what happen to DDS are you hiding in here somewhere,  :whistling:
or are you fishing as you are going to have to pull your weight this year, I see you could be at the bottom of the list this year as in blow The General  :scratch:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Hey General,

Yup General, I must confess that's a picture of me sitting on Lee's mouth while taking a Borgersen!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.