Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487411 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Some how , I knew....you guy's would figure out a way to get me to post in this thread....

White spinner bait....
We don't care what blade or the shape...but this must be clear in the photo "MNO" on the blade so we can read it. if we can't read it, photo will be disqualified. Last year, someone wanted me to change the rules for the hook being attached, so I left that in this year, it is stated in the rules ...hook... no hook..... it don't matter.

DDS...put a white skirt on it...if we can read it, then yes, it would qualify...

Ken, in your case, since you are a former champ...yours would need a birth certificate.  ;)

You guys are making this seem harder than it is.

They sell these cheap spinner baits at every walmart, gander, fleet farm, bait shop and holiday station across the globe...they aren't hard to find.....

If you still have a question, and you have a consern that it may be disqualified...take a picture of it, post it, and I'll tell ya if it is or is not a qualifing staple item. That way I can bless each and every one you throw out there.

HD

HD I one of the one that  :scratch: your stamp Idem  :censored:
First off what make you  :scratch: I would by a cheap spinner baits  ;D
And now you want me to paint on it which I have try and photo it but you can not see the MNO on it one thing is it reflect the light off of it and it is small  :censored:

Now HD If you  :scratch: I want a tackle box full of fishing tackle with MNO on them you are out of you  :censored: mine,  ;D

Now why would you want to make this hard for us????????????????????????????????????

I'll send you a $1 so you can go buy one and then throw away after the challenge is over so it doesn't clutter up you tackle box.  WOW  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

"You give an old man a compliment and then he stabs you in the back."

General,

Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything evil and still more the man who is indifferent to everything.

So endith the lesson! :whistling:

Speak English Old Timer

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

BB The General is the coward of the Fishing Challenge, I turn down Lee because as the sign in was between me and the  :queen2: of smack.

As I am know wear like her, I will take you on but as I will not do a 6 week bet and I do not have all day to fish like you, I would want it the hole time of the  Fishing Challenge.
If I was to do a 6 week bet I would have just six day off and would only fish maybe three of then this is why I would want the hole time of the  Fishing Challenge.

Now what to bet, if you are wanting to,

[/quote]Well Wild I don't have all day to fish as you suggest, I work just like everyone else and I spend several days a week being with my grandkids. Having said that I will follow up on our challenge, same rules as the Challenge our top fish head to head no teams. I will wager just a dollar as it is not about the money but the challenge to go aganist another.. So what do you say? Bobby
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

BB The General is the coward of the Fishing Challenge, I turn down Lee because as the sign in was between me and the  :queen2: of smack.

As I am know wear like her, I will take you on but as I will not do a 6 week bet and I do not have all day to fish like you, I would want it the hole time of the  Fishing Challenge.
If I was to do a 6 week bet I would have just six day off and would only fish maybe three of then this is why I would want the hole time of the  Fishing Challenge.

Now what to bet, if you are wanting to,

Well Wild I don't have all day to fish as you suggest, I work just like everyone else and I spend several days a week being with my grandkids. Having said that I will follow up on our challenge, same rules as the Challenge our top fish head to head no teams. I will wager just a dollar as it is not about the money but the challenge to go aganist another.. So what do you say? Bobby
[/quote]

Your On,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :happy1:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
That will be a sign 1$ as in if I win you sign that dollar and in return if you win I will sign it before I send it out,  ;D 

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Some how , I knew....you guy's would figure out a way to get me to post in this thread....

White spinner bait....
We don't care what blade or the shape...but this must be clear in the photo "MNO" on the blade so we can read it. if we can't read it, photo will be disqualified. Last year, someone wanted me to change the rules for the hook being attached, so I left that in this year, it is stated in the rules ...hook... no hook..... it don't matter.

DDS...put a white skirt on it...if we can read it, then yes, it would qualify...

Ken, in your case, since you are a former champ...yours would need a birth certificate.  ;)

They sell these cheap spinner baits at every walmart, gander, fleet farm, bait shop and holiday station across the globe...they aren't hard to find.....

If you still have a question, and you have a consern that it may be disqualified...take a picture of it, post it, and I'll tell ya if it is or is not a qualifing staple item. That way I can bless each and every one you throw out there.

HD

HD I one of the one that  :scratch: your stamp Idem  :censored:
First off what make you  :scratch: I would by a cheap spinner baits  ;D
And now you want me to paint on it which I have try and photo it but you can not see the MNO on it one thing is it reflect the light off of it and it is small  :censored:

Now HD If you  :scratch: I want a tackle box full of fishing tackle with MNO on them you are out of you  :censored: mine,  ;D

Now why would you want to make this hard for us????????????????????????????????????

I'll send you a $1 so you can go buy one and then throw away after the challenge is over so it doesn't clutter up you tackle box.  WOW  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would not buy fishing tackle from wall-mart. with your $1, I am not cheap when it come to my fishing tackle,,    ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

White spinner bait....

HD

HD I one of the one that  :scratch: your stamp Idem  :censored:
First off what make you  :scratch: I would by a cheap spinner baits  ;D
And now you want me to paint on it which I have try and photo it but you can not see the MNO on it one thing is it reflect the light off of it and it is small  :censored:

Now HD If you  :scratch: I want a tackle box full of fishing tackle with MNO on them you are out of you  :censored: mine,  ;D

:cry:  :cry: :cry: :blablabla: :blablabla: "When the going gets tuff...The tuff get going"

All I can say Willy is if things are starting to make you to tense then just.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j91k62cyiIY[/youtube]

You look here Lee It will get tuff for you in this Fishing Challenge even if you are luck to be on my team.  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Hey  :queen2: of smack Can you SAY your  Chicken.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Ok after a week of satisfying the little lady to keep her happy for June through January (Fishing and hunting seasons) I'm back.

I see It take here one week with you.  ;D Then she want to get rid of you for six more mo/  :puke: Wow That said it all.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I would like to take this opportunity to make amends to all those I have either belittled or angered during the Pre Challenge smackdown discussions. To show my good faith I will hold off on any controversial or confrontational statements as of this post.

I would like to ask for a monument of silence at 7:00 pm this evening in remembrance of all those who have fallen to the wayside during the past Fishing Challenges. With the help of Borgie we will be going out into the backyard this evening to bury the hatchet to commemorate the many bloody Challenge battle's fought over the past three years. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
That will be a sign 1$ as in if I win you sign that dollar and in return if you win I will sign it before I send it out,  ;D 
Sounds good, of course If I should lose and have to sign the dollar you would have a collectors item that you could make big money pawning !  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Ok after a week of satisfying the little lady to keep her happy for June through January (Fishing and hunting seasons) I'm back.

I see It take here one week with you.  ;D Then she want to get rid of you for six more mo/  :puke: Wow That said it all.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Try because I'm that good it takes her that long to recuperate.   Willy is your cup always half empty?

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I would like to take this opportunity to make amends to all those I have either belittled or angered during the Pre Challenge smackdown discussions. To show my good faith I will hold off on any controversial or confrontational statements as of this post.

I would like to ask for a monument of silence at 7:00 pm this evening in remembrance of all those who have fallen to the wayside during the past Fishing Challenges. With the help of Borgie we will be going out into the backyard this evening to bury the hatchet to commemorate the many bloody Challenge battle's fought over the past three years. 

Pfft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Try because I'm that good it takes her that long to recuperate.   Willy is your cup always half empty?

That to you saying it, But that not what she said last night.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Sounds good, of course If I should lose and have to sign the dollar you would have a collectors item that you could make big money pawning !  :rotflmao:

That no if BB  ;D
I have a lot of sign bills in my collection, Your will just be one more. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been following this smack down thread since it started and have read all 494 posts. I was thinking maybe I was a little outclassed here so I hadn't signed up. Tonight I took some time to review some of the pictures from last years challenge and decided to sign up. Couldn't really tell by the pictures of the small fish that were posted why it was even called a challenge. Now I don't know any of you personally so I don't want to be to harsh here but it is obvious that everyone here knows how too talk the talk. I really didn't see anything to convince me that any of you knew how to walk the walk as I can. I'm not much for talking, I'm best at walking, so I will end this by saying that you will all know what a smacking feels like when I start posting pictures of my fish.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Hey Retired... glad to see you signed up.... we need some fisherman on the challenge...hehe.  Now some of us still have to work and dont live on a Lake... so if you are not on my Team, could you try fishing with one hand tied behind your back to even the playing field.. :toast:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I have been following this smack down thread since it started and have read all 494 posts. I was thinking maybe I was a little outclassed here so I hadn't signed up. Tonight I took some time to review some of the pictures from last years challenge and decided to sign up. Couldn't really tell by the pictures of the small fish that were posted why it was even called a challenge. Now I don't know any of you personally so I don't want to be to harsh here but it is obvious that everyone here knows how too talk the talk. I really didn't see anything to convince me that any of you knew how to walk the walk as I can. I'm not much for talking, I'm best at walking, so I will end this by saying that you will all know what a smacking feels like when I start posting pictures of my fish.

Retired, Let just say that the smack was bait and you just took it  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Retired... glad to see you signed up.... we need some fisherman on the challenge...hehe.  Now some of us still have to work and dont live on a Lake... so if you are not on my Team, could you try fishing with one hand tied behind your back to even the playing field.. :toast:

Been thinking about how I might be able to handicap myself to make the challenge a little more fair for the rest of you. Thinking of maybe using my grandsons old snoopy rod.

• Master Outdoorsman

Retired, Let just say that the smack was bait and you just took it  ;D

Well hello to the one called Willy! As much fun as you  :queen2:'s seem to have on here it may be the best bait I have ever taken. ;D

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Retired fess up you dont usually fish with a Snoopy rod I thought you use a Walmart Rocket Rod :whistling:

For ones not familiar with the Rocket Rod that Retired fishes with here is a link...http://officialseenontvstore.com/p/rocket-fishing-rod-ii

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Been thinking about how I might be able to handicap myself to make the challenge a little more fair for the rest of you. Thinking of maybe using my grandsons old snoopy rod.
Just get drafted to the Generals team...  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: That funny the Generals

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 :coffee: I see a side bet corny13 VS Retired with the old snoopy rod.  :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
DDS been very quit  latte  :scratch: 

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
I was thinking the same thing.  They're pretty good on the keyboard and posting meaningless pictures, but don't think the competition will be that tough. :happy1:
I agree that a Snoopy Rod or bare hook will help level the playing field a bit, so I may try that for the first few weeks, then go to the real stuff and pull away! training-087 training-087 training-087
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I was thinking the same thing.  They're pretty good on the keyboard and posting meaningless pictures, but don't think the competition will be that tough. :happy1:
I agree that a Snoopy Rod or bare hook will help level the playing field a bit, so I may try that for the first few weeks, then go to the real stuff and pull away! training-087 training-087 training-087

greatoutdoors I found one of your meaningless pictures,,

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     I have been busy playing lousy golf and working on the staple item.  For some of the rookies to the challenge let me tell you the pic aint so easy.  Especially this year.  The fish needs to be in the pic, the ruler needs to be in focus as well as the MNO on the spinner blade.  Sounds easy.  Fishing by yourself causes problems.  Those fish just don't like to pose quietly.  My suggestions is purchase a fish trough    http://www.fishtrough.com/  .  Bring some cling wrap with and wrap the thing in tight.  Tilt the fish trough down to get the nose to the front.  Wildlife had one jump out of the boat last year while trying to get a pic.  The hooks on the staple item have an amazing way to get tied up in nets with one quick tail flip.  I want to submit my staple for prior approval.  If it passes the judges white spinner bait requirement you will be seeing a lot of it this summer.  Notice the lack of a hook.    By the way,  you guys are doing fine without me.  If anyone gets too big for his or her britches I will be there to smack them back into reality.   Each of my teammates will get one of these if they need one.  They only need to attach their own daredevil with MNO on it to the snap swivel.    I will be patiently awaiting the judges ok on the staple.   :coffee:

« Last Edit: May 05/11/11, 11:20:59 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I like it  :happy1: and will do the same thing,

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Indeed -  :Photography: is the hardest part!  I had atleast an inch deduction last year due to poor picture taking skills.  That will not happen this year - but really, whats an inch when my team is flirting with 100".
IF my college math is correct and 46" Pike, 32" Walleye and 22" bass should do the trick....  :fishing2:  Ive gotta by Special Edition Fish Trough coming soon in case I fail to get my 100" mark, the ruler makes it so 1" of fish =1.5" on the ruler   :happy1: