Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487486 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Intimidated?  Not by the "old vets" I'm not.

Bring it!  training-087

agree   ;D
« Last Edit: May 05/12/11, 09:17:54 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Intimidated?  Not by the "old vets" I'm not.  I joined, not sure why since I chase more sunnies and crappies than eyes, bass, and snakes, but why not join in and stir the pot.

Bring it!

Sounds like you better be good at smack talking to help your team, because that post sure doesn't sound like you're going to help them in the challenge.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
ya, BB I thou I would put up a photo of me with three Bass all over 17"  Getting scared now!!
on the side bet  :whistling:

I all so fish walleye and pike  :whistling:
I was doing a little reading on the side bet you had last year with the General  ;D
I am  :scratch: The General just mite be right on this on  :doah: You just mite want to sign that $1 before we start  :surrender: I just mite make you look really bad in the bass as I did catch a 20.5 just under the biggest that Lee got. :whistling:
ER, Ahh no... As the General is so found of saying, That was last year.. show me what ya got this year!
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
ya, BB I thou I would put up a photo of me with three Bass all over 17"  Getting scared now!!
on the side bet  :whistling:

I all so fish walleye and pike  :whistling:
I was doing a little reading on the side bet you had last year with the General  ;D
I am  :scratch: The General just mite be right on this on  :doah: You just mite want to sign that $1 before we start  :surrender: I just mite make you look really bad in the bass as I did catch a 20.5 just under the biggest that Lee got. :whistling:
ER, Ahh no... As the General is so found of saying, That was last year.. show me what ya got this year!

I'm "fond" of saying that??? :scratch:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
The MNO Draft Countdown Begins. At Noon Friday You Will Meet Your Destiny.  :toast:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/12/11, 11:32:44 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Geodopolis

• Outdoorsman
 :rocker; :rocker;    I'm getting really antsy about getting the draft done and over with and finally start hearing about actual fishing accomplishments.  All I hear is "I'm the King and you're my Queen and our lovechild can be the Emperor".  I'm one of the younger guys (40) in the challenge and seems like, from what I've read, that you could all use a time-out (or some ex-lax).  
Wildlife, I think I can pretty much count you out of the compitition, you're just a little too stuck on yourself.  Hmm, three bass over 17"?  frikking hilarious!! :cheerleader:, give yourself a big ol' ATTABOY!  you can only enter one and 17" just sucks.  
General, as one of the younger crowd, you may have a snowballs chance in hell since you won't have to take a nap during the peak bites like the rest of the old farts.
The rest of you may say your prayers before bed at night and ask to be blessed me as your teamate.    :coffee:

Shaddup and fish!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
:rocker; :rocker;    I'm getting really antsy about getting the draft done and over with and finally start hearing about actual fishing accomplishments.  All I hear is "I'm the King and you're my Queen and our lovechild can be the Emperor".  I'm one of the younger guys (40) in the challenge and seems like, from what I've read, that you could all use a time-out (or some ex-lax).  
Wildlife, I think I can pretty much count you out of the compitition, you're just a little too stuck on yourself.  Hmm, three bass over 17"?  frikking hilarious!! :cheerleader:, give yourself a big ol' ATTABOY!  you can only enter one and 17" just sucks.  
General, as one of the younger crowd, you may have a snowballs chance in hell since you won't have to take a nap during the peak bites like the rest of the old farts.
The rest of you may say your prayers before bed at night and ask to be blessed me as your teamate.    :coffee:

:rotflmao:  Nice Smack. :happy1:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Geodopolis

• Outdoorsman

I was wondering Lee, does your Hello Kitty suit inflate into a coast gaurd approved PFD?

Shaddup and fish!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
And.... and.... and....please help those that get stuck with Geodopolis on their team. Amen!

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

I was wondering Lee, does your Hello Kitty suit inflate into a coast gaurd approved PFD?

No it doesn't Geo but is does match his fishing pole and tackle box.  I have to ask......are those shades polarized? 

« Last Edit: May 05/13/11, 12:07:28 AM by The General »

Offline Geodopolis

• Outdoorsman

No it doesn't Geo but is does match his fishing pole and tackle box.

Now I know what to get him for Christmas!

Shaddup and fish!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'm not sure he could handle that much "Pink Power".  Better find a pink BB gun.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

If I had a package like that Borgie would jump in and save me for sure.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Q. I noticed that the General has just gone off line? :scratch:

A.  It's lunch time now and you can't expect The General to post when he's not on company time :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :whistling:
This has to be the most intuitive thing anyone has ever noticed in challenge history!
 That one will surely leave a mark.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Q. I noticed that the General has just gone off line? :scratch:

A.  It's lunch time now and you can't expect The General to post when he's not on company time :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :whistling:
This has to be the most intuitive thing anyone has ever noticed in challenge history!
 That one will surely leave a mark.

Remember!

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

ya, you just think that, am i am not as old as you think,  ;D

Well I had to modity this  Geodopolis It all ways good to know who talk  :censored: It seen from one of your posting that you are getting old yourself  :whistling: ( Last summer I started having back problems, I was still able to shoot my bow in the fall, but it really got me thinking.  What if it hurt too much to pull and hold my bow when my back gets worse like I know it will. )

That sound like you may not get the boat off the trailer,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: May 05/13/11, 07:16:01 AM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
It seems that Top Dog Magazine has uncovered a conspiracy designed by our own Bobby Bass. According to the article Bobby Bass has invested large amounts of cash to send his new pup to fish sniffing school. Yes! that's correct fish sniffing school.

:reporter;

"From the way the story goes this B. Bass fellow wants to win a local fishing contest so bad he's pulled out all the stops. The Idea is quite simple. The dog smells the fish and the owner catches them. When the fishing contest committee heard of this they promptly looked up the regulations, but could find no restrictions or violations.

While interviewing some of the other contest competitors one thing seemed unanimous.  They were not concerned since even if the dog sniffs out the fish Bobby still has to catch them. One of the competitors however seemed very concerned. We could tell by the sweat beads forming on his brow and the white foam forming around his lips. They called him Willy something or other?

When asked about his teams chances Bobby stated his concerns about a rumor pertaining to this Willy fellow. It was a threat from Willy that he was going to steal the pup from Bobby. It's been disclosed that the two anglers have a rather large side bet on this years fishing success."

« Last Edit: May 05/13/11, 09:54:41 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    The day of the team draw is finally here.  :Clap:  We can get on with this years challenge.  My team will of course be the favorite so it will be interesting to see  which teams will be battling it out  for second place.  The smack down can also take a new direction.  It has been a little haphazard up to this point.   :whistling:

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    The day of the team draw is finally here.  :Clap:  We can get on with this years challenge.  My team will of course be the favorite so it will be interesting to see  which teams will be battling it out  for second place.  The smack down can also take a new direction.  It has been a little haphazard up to this point.   :whistling:

You just better hope The General is not on your team You could be last this year  :whistling: :whistling:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Anyone is welcome on my team.  Once the bond is made the game will be on.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    Anyone is welcome on my team.  Once the bond is made the game will be on.

That right you have to have all your team do all the work  :rotflmao:

Less then 4 hours to the closing of the sign in  and then we wait for the list :coffee:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I know where Fawkinnae keeps his pet Northern.  It grew another inch and a half this year.  I may just try to get my hands on it first if he is not on my team.  ;D

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here fishy fishy fishy...

The word on the street is you put an electronic tracking chip in that pike last year.
Therefore I sure hope I'm on your team this year. :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/13/11, 10:02:19 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Come on GirlGuide just click the sign up and type your name in and it's a done deal. You'll be sorry :cry: if you don't and it will be to late. Just take a deep breath and do it. I know your hanging around and your friend are counting on you. Less than 2 hrs. left. :whistling:

:queen2:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
A small crowd gathering here at the Lodge waiting on word of the 2011 Fishing Challenge Teams to be announced. Guys are taking their lunch hour to sip on some Hamms and jab at each other some. We have the 150 grain Everclear out and have dusted the bottle off. Some guys may ask for a shot to calm themselves after they find out who they are paired with.  :drinking:  Little more than an hour or so away..
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
It seems that Top Dog Magazine has uncovered a conspiracy designed by our own Bobby Bass. According to the article Bobby Bass has invested large amounts of cash to send his new pup to fish sniffing school. Yes! that's correct fish sniffing school.

:reporter;

"From the way the story goes this B. Bass fellow wants to win a local fishing contest so bad he's pulled out all the stops. The Idea is quite simple. The dog smells the fish and the owner catches them. When the fishing contest committee heard of this they promptly looked up the regulations, but could find no restrictions or violations.

While interviewing some of the other contest competitors one thing seemed unanimous.  They were not concerned since even if the dog sniffs out the fish Bobby still has to catch them. One of the competitors however seemed very concerned. We could tell by the sweat beads forming on his brow and the white foam forming around his lips. They called him Willy something or other?

When asked about his teams chances Bobby stated his concerns about a rumor pertaining to this Willy fellow. It was a threat from Willy that he was going to steal the pup from Bobby. It's been disclosed that the two anglers have a rather large side bet on this years fishing success."
;D I thought everyone knew the story of Barney, I just training a back up... :whistling:   Nice cover Lee
Bobby Bass

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Come on GirlGuide just click the sign up and type your name in and it's a done deal. You'll be sorry :cry: if you don't and it will be to late. Just take a deep breath and do it. I know your hanging around and your friend are counting on you. Less than 2 hrs. left. :whistling:

:queen2:

Alright Lee, ya talked me into it! Now it's going to be all your fault when I get all these little ladies crying in their wine coolers day after day, so you might as well get ready to do some serious consoling for I do intend to break a few hearts, and I now leave the damage control in your hands since this was after all your idea... Good Luck Fishing Everone!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Lee, I did not see that Sandman ever pulled the trigger.  Must have been Skeeered!