Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 488215 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Nice fish wildlife!   :toast:   ...oh wait this is the smack thread.

Nice fish wildlife.   :coffee:

Thanks Fawkinnae And yes this is the smack thread, So what place are you?  :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

P.S. Now a Walleye over 31 would be something I might congratulate you on. 

:coffee:

I had to go back away to fine this post. But I thew it was there some where  ;D

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   In defense of my good friend the general, he said over 31 inches.  I saw no where that a 31 would even get you a free bowl of soup.  Next time Wildlife you have to use the BB technique.  You stand on them for a minute or so and you can easily get another inch and a 1/2 out of them.   :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
   In defense of my good friend the general, he said over 31 inches.  I saw no where that a 31 would even get you a free bowl of soup.  Next time Wildlife you have to use the BB technique.  You stand on them for a minute or so and you can easily get another inch and a 1/2 out of them.   :rotflmao:
:doah: Still a better aproach then using dental Suction to them.. :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I would have to agree with DDS both fish are nice trophy as greatoutdoors has better color in it, I think that has a lot to with the colder and clear water in the north. It mite have to do with the time of year as well, As I got my back after spawning and that take a tole on them as the bigger one take a beating on them.  :offtopic:

Greattolitsiter I told you my eye was going to be hard to bet!  :dancinred: :dancinred:

Now that pike I have been looking but we will see if I can get him this weekend  ;D As it look like I need a 32" pike take that top spot form the team seal poo and that not a really big pike,

soon Lee will be back and who know what he will bring back  :scratch: and who know what big slick mite have to throw in the mix, (pike)

As your lead get smaller and smaller  There no way to stop The Barbarians now!!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :taz: :happybounce: :happybounce: training-087 training-087

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

DDS I do not think general need your  :help: I knew he was going to say that,or I would get luck and he just mite!!  :oops1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

The dental suction technique while very effective in stiffening out its victim for a moment proves not to be very effective for this particular challenge.  Seems the bigger they are the more they squirm thus rendering a photograph virtually impossible.    :nerd:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

soon Lee will be back and who know what he will bring back  :scratch: and who know what big slick mite have to throw in the mix, (pike)

:sorry:  Big Slick is out of the picture, I sent him a Hamms party ball in June with DDS special sucking through the straw instructions...  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

Thanks Fawkinnae And yes this is the smack thread, So what place are you?  :rotflmao:

We like to think of ourselves as a work in progress.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

The dental suction technique while very effective in stiffening out its victim for a moment proves not to be very effective for this particular challenge.  Seems the bigger they are the more they squirm thus rendering a photograph virtually impossible.    :nerd:

How about a little shot of novocaine? Especially with a hot dental assistant standing nearby.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote]  Team Make a Move and Huntin Chicks I thought were going to be some competition in this years Challenge. But I now know that they are sponsored by the state of Minnesota. They had a fishing slowdown for several weeks then were forced to stop completely during the budget problems and are only now regrouping after attending school for retraining. By the time they are up to full speed this here challenge will be all over. Team make a move has pretty much flat lined and we are just waiting to check out their donor cards.   ( please note that we are an equal opportunity smack )   :coffee:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Thanks Fawkinnae  And yes this is the smack thread, So what place are you?  :rotflmao:

So how the progress going for you? So where did you say that pike was!!  ;D

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
I would have to agree with DDS both fish are nice trophy as greatoutdoors has better color in it, I think that has a lot to with the colder and clear water in the north. It mite have to do with the time of year as well, As I got my back after spawning and that take a tole on them as the bigger one take a beating on them.  :offtopic:

Greattolitsiter I told you my eye was going to be hard to bet!  :dancinred: :dancinred:

Now that pike I have been looking but we will see if I can get him this weekend  ;D As it look like I need a 32" pike take that top spot form the team seal poo and that not a really big pike,

As your lead get smaller and smaller  There no way to stop The Barbarians now!!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :taz: :happybounce: :happybounce: training-087 training-087

Don't get too comfortable wildeyefeminist, as I've tossed back a 36 inch Pike, lost one about 10 inches longer, and caught two eyes 28+ inches the last few days (not including the 29+ upgrade), so SEALTeam 6 is just warming up.  And do not think for one minute that your bass is safe!! :dancinred:  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Don't get too comfortable wildeyefeminist, as I've tossed back a 36 inch Pike, lost one about 10 inches longer, and caught two eyes 28+ inches the last few days (not including the 29+ upgrade), so SEALTeam 6 is just warming up.  And do not think for one minute that your bass is safe!! :dancinred:  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Well so how dose it feel to move up 3/4 of a incs and lose two more incs of that lead and at the same time I took one more of your bigger fish off. Three now down to one,  ;D     :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

As I look back to all  Challenge  2008 2009 2010 and my Bass and walleye are the top, So yes I do feel a little comfortable with them  ;) But I am not done  :dancinred: :dancinred:

I set the bar at a 42" Pike  ;D  That would give The Barbarians a 95 score and that would all so brake a new record  ;D
« Last Edit: July 07/22/11, 04:02:43 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee: I might even go fishing this week now that the heat has found it's way east, maybe i'll add to our northern total and expand our lead some more.
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
:coffee: I might even go fishing this week now that the heat has found it's way east, maybe i'll add to our northern total and expand our lead some more.

Hm I think I mite be making Team seal poo a little nerves  :scratch: As geattolitsites is back on the water and BB is going to stop taking his nap and try to fish.  Seal poo has run off!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Your team is falling apart.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Well there wildeyefeminist, I do believe that the Boobarians are still looking at the same tail lights as they have for over two months :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Oh Yeah! :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:
Now Bobby is heading out for a bigger pike, and the tail lights will become smaller and smaller as we disappear into the distance, far ahead of the other teams!! :toast:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well there wildeyefeminist, I do believe that the Boobarians are still looking at the same tail lights as they have for over two months :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Now Bobby is heading out for a bigger pike, and the tail lights will become smaller and smaller as we disappear into the distance, far ahead of the other teams!! :toast:

I would not hold your berth on BB and a bigger pike. as if seal poo can take him on and win. well that said it all.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

I would not hold your berth on BB and a bigger pike. as if seal poo can take him on and win. well that said it all.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :oops1: :sorry: ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
o ya 1.25 lead and that means I add 1.5 to are pike.  the odds are now in are turf. soon you will be looking up.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I look at it this way geattolitsitter, It like a game of chest you set your appoint up and then put him in a checkmate, game over team seal poo loses and The Barbarians win.  ;D

like I said back you now will have to get all three new upgrade to stand a chance, as I only need a big pike. now 1/2 of the  Challenge is over.  As I as not assuming nothing and I will not be siting back I will fish to the end!!

The Barbarians  :dancinred: :dancinred:  The Barbarians will  training-087 training-087 to the end  The Barbarians will rule  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Hm I think I mite be making Team seal poo a little nerves  :scratch: As geattolitsites is back on the water and BB is going to stop taking his nap and try to fish.  Seal poo has run off!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Your team is falling apart.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Don't build yourself up to much there Wild, You are not the reason I will be getting some fishing this week in. Weather will be cooler and I don't do well in real humid stuff. That is why I will be on the water a lot from mid August on. Last time I looked this here Challenge runs to the End of October and Team six is still in the lead. Once again you are back on this 'Last weekend in first" but you have to catch a northern. Matter of fact your eye was caught this spring and so was your bass so you really have done much of anything here for awhile. Exccept make noise and talk  :bs:  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
BB I look back on last years your fish that you posted  :rotflmao: As It really was not much to look at  :rotflmao: It look like you was the one that was  :blablabla: :blablabla: a lot, As I said I and my team mat will win this.  ;D as this year I will fish to the end so do not think I will sit back this fall and yes I had a good spring and I will have a good fall as well ;) as I paln on setting new records all over this Fishing Challenge as I have two on the board  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: and one to go.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     Team Make a move is going fishing.  :happybounce: :happybounce:  Judges get your rest because we plan on taking an elevator ride to the top five here shortly.   I hope you guys don't catch cold as we blow  by you.   :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
DDS I am with you on that one, ;D
 As Wildlife Minnesota one of The Barbarians  Is all so going fishing Pike here I come,  :dancinred: :dancinred:

just a note to team seal poo and that greattoilitsiter  this week may be your last at the top, as The Barbarians will rule a that a fact..  :dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :taz:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I thing seal poo was eating by my walleye  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I see overnight that Greatoutdoors has tapped on the gas pedal a tad,  :happy1:  an upgrade to his walleye up to 30 inches.  :Clap:  Lee is back so now we will wait and see if he has something to post,  :reporter;  I blame all weather on Lee   :taz: as he has gone back home and now the weather has cooled and no rain in the forecast.  :happy1: . And I am going fishing..  :fishing2:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 As Wildlife Minnesota one of The Barbarians  Is all so going fishing Pike here I come,  :dancinred: :dancinred:

just a note to team seal poo and that greattoilitsiter  this week may be your last at the top, as The Barbarians will rule a that a fact..  :dancinred: :dancinred: :taz: :taz:

Here we go with the predictions again..........I guess even the weather man can get something right after 250 guesses, but I don't think Willy will. 

I'll be heading to Leech for a week come August and will fish for Pike if need be, but I don't think it will.  Plus I was hoping to do some fishing with Bobby, but he never seems to want to reply.  Oh well, I guess the hatchet won't be buried.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Guess Who's Back !........  Could It Be The Worlds......Most Famous Fishing Tandem?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/25/11, 02:25:31 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Plus I was hoping to do some fishing with Bobby, but he never seems to want to reply.  Oh well, I guess the hatchet won't be buried.
Nope, pretty much have all my free time already accounted for into late October, you know we only get off the swing so many times :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass