Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 488314 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
DDS It a good thing I told you to take more then one photos as you just about loss 2.5 of a inc   ;D

If you look at that fist photo Well it fail as no MNO on it   :rotflmao: :scratch: that was apart of the test. but you was luck to get a bigger one  ;D

Nice  smallie  Borgie!!   :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     I watched the whole thing.  Very interesting.  Especially the last ten seconds where they said do not mock the last place team.  You can pi$$ them off and add extra motivation to pull the rug out from under you.  Those were not the exact words but it went something like that. ;D ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
DDS I think you just move up 7 place was 14 now 7   :whistling:  :coffee:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Borgie!! when back to last what a move that was Take one step up then one back to last..  :banghead:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS I think you just move up 7 place was 14 now 7   :whistling:  :coffee:
     We just made a move.  Not in contention yet but fishing time is coming.  I expect to see a couple fish out of the Borgersen camp shortly.  These will be their final offers for the season so I am not concerned.   Our next move is going to be big!!
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Fawkinnae,  Make a move just past you up did you feel the wind  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS It a good thing I told you to take more then one photos as you just about loss 2.5 of a inc   ;D

If you look at that fist photo Well it fail as no MNO on it   :rotflmao: :scratch: that was apart of the test. but you was luck to get a bigger one  ;D

Nice  smallie  Borgie!!   :happy1:

The picture stuff is hard.  That is what makes this challenge so fun.  It's one thing catching it.  It's another to get the pic.  What Wildlife is referring to is my first bass upgrade where I got 2 great pics, tossed the fish and then realized I did not have the spinnerbait in the pic.  It still worked out ok.  

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Borgie!! when back to last what a move that was Take one step up then one back to last..  :banghead:

Could you repeat that in about 20 minutes please :rotflmao:

"Borgie's Raiders are in it to win it!" Did you forget that? :queen:

PS. Why are you guys sweating so much?
« Last Edit: July 07/29/11, 08:23:56 PM by Borgie »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Borgie!! when back to last what a move that was Take one step up then one back to last..  :banghead:

Could you repeat that in about 20 minutes please :rotflmao:

"Borgie's Raiders are in it to win it!" Did you forget that? :queen:

Ya I forgot that, But with a move like that you can see why  ;D

"Borgie's Raiders  I think that we are all in to win it  ;D
« Last Edit: July 07/29/11, 10:00:19 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Borgie!! THAT WAS A GOOD MOVE AS YOU JUST PAST MAKE A MOVE BACK  :happy1:

Make a move just move backwards to 8 place  :coffee:

As it look kenhuntin, is now last  :coffee:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I would hate to be the judge right now and seal poo will have his work cut out for him on the score board  :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Oh no.  I think an undressed(skirt less) spinnerbait was determined to be illegal previous to the contest starting. :oops1: :sorry: :doah: :doah:   Nice fish though.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Some how , I knew....you guy's would figure out a way to get me to post in this thread....

White spinner bait....
We don't care what blade or the shape...but this must be clear in the photo "MNO" on the blade so we can read it. if we can't read it, photo will be disqualified. Last year, someone wanted me to change the rules for the hook being attached, so I left that in this year, it is stated in the rules ...hook... no hook..... it don't matter.

DDS...put a white skirt on it...if we can read it, then yes, it would qualify...

Ken, in your case, since you are a former champ...yours would need a birth certificate.  ;)

You guys are making this seem harder than it is.

They sell these cheap spinner baits at every walmart, gander, fleet farm, bait shop and holiday station across the globe...they aren't hard to find.....

If you still have a question, and you have a consern that it may be disqualified...take a picture of it, post it, and I'll tell ya if it is or is not a qualifing staple item. That way I can bless each and every one you throw out there.

HD

:doah:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
   Oh no.  I think an undressed(skirt less) spinnerbait was determined to be illegal previous to the contest starting. :oops1: :sorry: :doah: :doah:   Nice fish though.

I think you need to read the rules again.  I believe it says some portion of the spinner bait must be white i.e blade, jig head, blade.  But we'll wait for the boss  :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
From the official Rule Book

Clarification:

Staple item: White spinner bait

Some portion of the spinner bait must be white. (Skirt, jig head, blade)
Blade type does not matter, amount of blades do not matter.
“MNO” clearly written on the blade, so the judges can read it. If the judges cannot read it, it will be disqualified.
Hook or no hook (removed for safety reasons if desired)
The posted picture of the staple item is just and example.

Judging fish pictures if posted with the mouth open:

Bass: A ½ inch will be deducted from the length.
Pike: Will be measured from the lower jaw.
Walleye or Sauger: Will be measured from either jaw

For ease of judging, we would like to have the mouth closed, but understand that sometimes this is not always possible. These are at the judges discretion. If there is a photo that is questionable, all 3 judges will make the final ruling.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Does the spinnerbait need to have a skirt or is just the head enough?
    Can you use a spinnerbait with a different head and just a white skirt.
    Does the spinnerbait need 2 blades on it.
    Does the spinnerbait need  a hook?(I can make them without)-easier than clipping it off.
     Does the spinnerbait need red beads?
    Does the whole blade need to be white?
    Does it need an eye-if so does it have to be red.

will this work?                           :scratch:

:whistling: :whistling:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Just for the record I think they will score.  It's a thin ice move though.  All those silly questions were brought up for a reason.  It is clearly a white spinnerbait.  It has MNO on it.  I'm guessing somebodies blood pressure raised a little though.  That is what the smack down thread is all about.   :Clap: :Clap:   Nice walleye Borgie- where is Lee's fish.  (if he has a skirt on his spinnerbait then it was a conspiracy.  Don't turn your back on him. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'm not sure about all that crazy stuff you just posted.  I'm just posting the official rules.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    This came up somewhere around page 25 of this thread.  HD clarified the official rules.   It's just a joke though. No worries. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I'll bet Lee got that old  :titanic: feeling for a couple of minutes.  If those fish were disallowed I think Borgie would have a right and obligation to break out the bat again. :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
    This came up somewhere around page 25 of this thread.  HD clarified the official rules.   It's just a joke though. No worries. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I'll bet Lee got that old  :titanic: feeling for a couple of minutes.  If those fish were disallowed I think Borgie would have a right and obligation to break out the bat again. :rotflmao:

I don't think he would have been able to sit down for a week.   :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 :coffee: by morning you may have this figured  out has we See the bottom of the score board change Who know what tomorrow will bring  ;)  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:     

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Not that it matters since I make sure I read the rules prior to the Challenge contest. Anyhow Borgie and I started out with white skirts on our cheap spinner baits and the first time a fish bounced and hit the spinner bait the rubber band broke and the skirt fell apart on the floor. No, I was not worried for one minute because I read the rules before day one.

Just incase any more dumb questions come up Borgies and my MNO letters are glued on starting from the wide end for one and start at the narrow end for the other. This is done to eliminate confusion later as to who's fish is who's since both spinner baits are the same kind.

Please don't try to drive the judges crazy  :taz: by re-interrupting the rules. I'm sure they find no humor in it even when it's just for a joke :banghead:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

I don't think he would have been able to sit down for a week.   :rotflmao:

No! please anything but that :surrender:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
:coffee: by morning you may have this figured  out has we See the bottom of the score board change Who know what tomorrow will bring  ;)  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:     

If Willy was in charge of the challenge no telling where we would be.  I did get a picture of him working his second job the other day.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Not that it matters since I make sure I read the rules prior to the Challenge contest. Anyhow Borgie and I started out with white skirts on our cheap spinner baits and the first time a fish bounced and hit the spinner bait the rubber band broke and the skirt fell apart on the floor. No, I was not worried for one minute because I read the rules before day one.

Just incase any more dumb questions come up Borgies and my MNO letters are glued on starting from the wide end for one and start at the narrow end for the other. This is done to eliminate confusion later as to who's fish is who's since both spinner baits are the same kind.

Please don't try to drive the judges crazy  :taz: by re-interrupting the rules. I'm sure they find no humor in it even when it's just for a joke :banghead:

Translation=   Team Make A Move  just got into somebodies kitchen and rattled a few cups.  Before this is over we will be banging the pots and pans.        :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/30/11, 01:09:43 AM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

If Willy was in charge of the challenge no telling where we would be.  I did get a picture of him working his second job the other day.

re-interrupting the rules.     Did I hear the silverware rattle?   :whistling:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
DDS Quote:  " DDS   Translation=   Team Make A Move  just got into somebodies kitchen and rattled a few cups.  Before this is over we will be banging the pots and pans."

:reporter;

Whoa there partner!  :police: For anyone who knows me well will tell you that I don't get rattled. I merely feel that any frivolous misinterpretation presented by anyone is an injustice. During the past history of the challenge we lost some key personal do to frustration because of unauthorized well meaning individuals trying to reinterpret the well thought out rules and regulations.

I am by no means upset with anyone. :happy1:  Just trying to pass along some reasons for MY concern do to past challenge actual history on sensitive issues.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR SHINE BOX!   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/30/11, 07:17:52 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :reporter;

Well, here we are half way through The Challenge and things are beginning to unfold rapidly. The top two teams seemed to be the big news during the first three months. As of late it seems that several of the relatively dormant teams have come out of their coma and started to pour it on. Many participants may have figured it was a two team race. This is where we may all be in for a big surprise. :Fish:

Stay with this thing folks and get those fish entered because you may go home with a nice prize and the honor of bringing your team into contention. Three months left to enter your fish so anything can happen.

Good Luck to all. :Clap:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins over Oakland 9-5
Some movement in standings but still in first

SEALTeam6 85.0 Greatoutdoors, The General, Bobby Bass
30.0 Walleye 36.0 Pike 19.0 Bass

:coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
If any of you would like to keep DDS or Willy off the lake just post this sign at the end of their driveway.  

This one would work also.  As you can see it stopped all the Boobarians.  John Wayne aka DDS was also in the picture but right before I took the pic he fell off his horse trying to make 3 pennies and a nickle into a dime. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: