Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487466 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Yup, might have lost this challenge unless my partner who is still fishing can nail one more. I am spending the afternoon putting gear away. Although it just started raining so I might have to wait on that. Made a new fishing friend in Great so for me the challenge did what it was meant to do. I would like to apologize to any readers who might have taken any offense to some of my posts in the smack thread. The thread pretty much for the better half of the season became more of a little kids on the play ground shouting back and forth that my dad can whip your dad. This did not leave much room for all the other fishermen in the challenge to say to much, for my part in that I apologize.

I also will not be fishing any more this season so Wild you need to send me your address so I can send you one signed Bobby Bass dollar. I post that here so all can see that I acknowledge that you won our side bet. I am now 0-2-1 in side bets but am willing to take on anyone...  :coffee:

Wow you  :surrender: We The Barbarians will now let you sit at the winner tale and let you buy the  :drinking:

All my winning can be send to Wildlife Minnesota 130 E main street Perham MN 56573

That is if The Barbarians win we still have a week to go!!  :dancinred: :blues brothers: :taz:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
SEALTeam 6 is still fishing, and will continue to do so until about 4 pm on October 31st (unless the weather gets icky)!! :happy1:
HOO RAH!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    Team Make A Move has not thrown in the towel yet.  Odds are not good but fall fishing can give up some dandies. :popcorn: :popcorn:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
But you now have 7 days to do it in!!  :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
SEALTeam 6 is still fishing, and will continue to do so until about 4 pm on October 31st (unless the weather gets icky)!! :happy1:
HOO RAH!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
:Clap: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :fishing2:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:Clap: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :fishing2:

You started in first. :happy1: :popcorn:
The Barbarians knocked you down to second training-087
Borgies Raiders Knocked you down to Turd  training-087
Now you are trying to knock  training-087 yourself out :sick: trying to regain some self respect  training-087
It's time to come in out of the :cold: and  :campfire: warm up to the idea your in
 TURD TURD TURD. Tree Turds in Turd place. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/11, 12:46:24 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
You're really hoping we come in turd place, since Borgie told you what'll happen if we pass her Raiders up and move into second!!! ;D
Better yet, one big pike puts SEALTeam 6 into 1st, and the Boobarians will knock Borgie into turd place, making Lee sleep with one eye open, forever! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Lee's worst nightmare! :happybounce:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
You're really hoping we come in turd place, since Borgie told you what'll happen if we pass her Raiders up and move into second!!! ;D
Better yet, one big pike puts SEALTeam 6 into 1st, and the Boobarians will knock Borgie into turd place, making Lee sleep with one eye open, forever! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Your posting at 1:33 in the afternoon when you should be on the water :scratch: now. Well I guess that's ok since you have  7 whole days left to fish. No sense rushing into anything when you have all that Lee time left.

Buy the way I didn't realize you were hunting those big pike so the poos' can reclaim 1st place. If you don't mind a suggestion, you should try fishing with big suckers. Now there is two ways to approach this method of fishing with suckers. :coffee:........

#1. You can invite your team mates to fish in your boat so then you will be fishing with suckers.

#2. Method would be fishing with live bait. Hook the big sucker through both lips and fish deep. This way you will have a large sucker on each end of your pole. :whistling:

PS. I can't wait till next year when I hit 67yrs old since my smackdown will start to peak as they are getting stronger every year :bow:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/11, 04:59:17 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

That going to have to be one biggggggggg pike 44+ then you have to hope The Barbarians do not have a upgrade!!  :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on Wildeyedfeminist, you ain't got no upgrade!!! :happybounce:
I do use great big suckers, but we call them Whistling Lees in Ely. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
But not the the Magnum Borgersen species, cause they usually eat the fish before we can get them into the boat! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
G.O. you should win an award for living in the Boobarians heads.  Lord knows only a member of SEALTeam6 has the testinal fortitude for a job like that.   ;D
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Quote from: greatoutdoors link=topic=22733.msg17javascript:void(0);3118#msg173118 date=1319514320
Come on Wildeyedfeminist, you ain't got no upgrade!!! :happybounce:
I do use great big suckers, but we call them Whistling Lees in Ely. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
But not the the Magnum Borgersen species, cause they usually eat the fish before we can get them into the boat! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Are you sure on that  :scratch: 

Well I see your down to 6 Days  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
G.O. you should win an award for living in the Boobarians heads.  Lord knows only a member of SEALTeam6 has the testinal fortitude for a job like that.   ;D
Hey, thanks General!! ;D
Easy to live in one of the Boobarians heads, plenty of room 'cause ain't nothing else in there!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
And yeah, Wilhemina, I'm sure you don't have any upgrades!! :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
You boys are running out of smack down material as I've mentioned in the past.  The phrase "living in the Barbarians heads" has been used 19 times by the poos'. I know it's hard to lecture someone when they are on their death bed but I feel that one of you may live to fight again. I hate to see G.O. suffering from the dreaded disease "Me no catcha fishes". Our team The Barbarians has been tossing around the Idea of hosting some fishing 101 classes for those loosers such as the poos' :nerd: team this spring.

Fortunately for the poos', they won't have to long to suffer :sick: given the challenge will be ended soon :happy1: We were considering extending an olive branch to the poos' team just to show good :Clap: sportsmanship. Big Slick came up with the idea :scratch: of putting the poo :Turkey:'s in charge of the cleanup when the awards banquet is over. :toast:

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

And yeah, Wilhemina, I'm sure you don't have any upgrades!! :happybounce:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Now why would you  :scratch: that? Just because you can't get a upgrade  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

I thing  you General should get a award too, The Nothing award

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, might have lost this challenge unless my partner who is still fishing can nail one more. I am spending the afternoon putting gear away. Although it just started raining so I might have to wait on that. Made a new fishing friend in Great so for me the challenge did what it was meant to do. I would like to apologize to any readers who might have taken any offense to some of my posts in the smack thread. The thread pretty much for the better half of the season became more of a little kids on the play ground shouting back and forth that my dad can whip your dad. This did not leave much room for all the other fishermen in the challenge to say to much, for my part in that I apologize.

I also will not be fishing any more this season so Wild you need to send me your address so I can send you one signed Bobby Bass dollar. I post that here so all can see that I acknowledge that you won our side bet. I am now 0-2-1 in side bets but am willing to take on anyone...  :coffee:

Wow you  :surrender: We The Barbarians will now let you sit at the winner tale and let you buy the  :drinking:

All my winning can be send to Wildlife Minnesota 130 E main street Perham MN 56573

That is if The Barbarians win we still have a week to go!!  :dancinred: :blues brothers: :taz:
WILD, Side Bet Dollar is inside an envelope that has been hand delevered to Mark the Mailman who chuckled and said he would make sure it gets out of town on the express.....  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
You have to give Bobby Bass credit. :bow: "When he takes a lickin he keeps on tickin." I heard that he's hired an outside agency to book all his side bets for 2012. :doah: :fishing2:

This should be interesting :popcorn:
« Last Edit: October 10/25/11, 04:35:08 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

You sure wouldn't want to stick it out until 5pm and miss an episode of SPONGE BOBBY SQUARE PANTS.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/25/11, 07:41:47 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I here it going to  :snow5: and you know when it  :snow5: it  :cold:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    60 degrees on Halloween.  The last day of the contest.  I unlike the Seals do not have to be in before dark.  I only have to be in with enough time to post the fish. ;)   :taz: :taz: :taz:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
You have to give Bobby Bass credit. :bow: "When he takes a lickin he keeps on tickin."
Kind of like the Cubs  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee calling the kettle black, better check you Boobarian teammate on the Pete and Repeat.  We never run out of material, but I'm sure you've heard of the saying "Beatting a Dead Boobarian" :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
5 days left and it raining like cat and seal dogs  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman

You sure wouldn't want to stick it out until 5pm and miss an episode of SPONGE BOBBY SQUARE PANTS.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Isn't Sponge Bobby Square Pants a Dentist somewnere in southern Minnesota?? :scratch: 
I never heard of him/it but DDSBYDAY must be a big fan, knowing the TV schedule and all by heart. :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I will be up in your neck of the woods for the final shot.  Can you recommend a bait shop that is OPEN ?   ;D

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lee calling the kettle black, better check you Boobarian teammate on the Pete and Repeat.  We never run out of material, but I'm sure you've heard of the saying "Beatting a Dead Boobarian" :rotflmao:

The major problem with the Poos' smackdown posts is that it's the same as constipation. Your posts just keep piling up and can't :moon: come out. Then when it finally makes it out :oops1: it stinks so bad no one can stand it. :puke:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I will be up in your neck of the woods for the final shot.  Can you recommend a bait shop that is OPEN ?   ;D

:rotflmao: G.O. keeps pounding on the door of his own shop and can't get in. Seems nobody told him that its been closed for two weeks already. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee I've been kicking the  :censored: out of you and others like you in the smack down since Moby Dick was a sardine. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lee I've been kicking the  :censored: out of you and others like you in the smack down since Moby Dick was a sardine.  

:Clap: Thanks for just proving my point General :doah: Only a few more days to  :moon: out a few more posts so knock your socks off loosers. (and you all know who you are General  :oops1:)
« Last Edit: October 10/26/11, 09:35:05 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports