Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487398 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Don't worry about the Phantom White Spinnerbait, I've got three of the damn things in the tackle box! :happy1:  
They all lay on the top so I can accidently hook myself on them every so often, just as a reminder! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:

I was just wondering :scratch: with all those extra days you still have left to fish, would you like to raise your Fishing Challenge wager?
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Don't worry about the Phantom White Spinnerbait, I've got three of the damn things in the tackle box! :happy1: 
They all lay on the top so I can accidently hook myself on them every so often, just as a reminder! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: what a  :nerd:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
G.O If you need to brow my white spinner bait Just give me a call I will bring it up to you!! in three days!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: See I away willing to  :help: out!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
G.O If you need to brow my white spinner bait Just give me a call I will bring it up to you!! in three days!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: See I away willing to  :help: out!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

With friends like Willy who needs enemies. 

Lee, I didn't sign up for the Bears/Viks because I want the Viks to lose every single game and get Andrew Luck.  Betting that a team I want to lose will lose and giving someone a Dollar is something we like to call around here Boobarian Logic.  I don’t know what makes a Boobarian so dumb but it really works.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I will just send one with DDS He mite fine his way by Tuesday!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Any way I can  :help: a friend in need!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :blues brothers: Da last tree days and da tree turds are still stuck in turd place :cry: :cry: :cry:. I tink da tree a dem should :surrender: trow in da towel. Dem tree been stuck in turd so long dat nuttin madders ta dem no more.

I was tinkin dat doe's mugs is godda be stinkin :puke: an sitin in some joint drinkin :drinking: just tinkin :scratch: bout nex year.

:sorry: you's mugs but, "dat's da way :fishing:'n go's!"

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Yup, might have lost this challenge unless my partner who is still fishing can nail one more. I am spending the afternoon putting gear away. Although it just started raining so I might have to wait on that. Made a new fishing friend in Great so for me the challenge did what it was meant to do. I would like to apologize to any readers who might have taken any offense to some of my posts in the smack thread. The thread pretty much for the better half of the season became more of a little kids on the play ground shouting back and forth that my dad can whip your dad. This did not leave much room for all the other fishermen in the challenge to say to much, for my part in that I apologize.

I also will not be fishing any more this season so Wild you need to send me your address so I can send you one signed Bobby Bass dollar. I post that here so all can see that I acknowledge that you won our side bet. I am now 0-2-1 in side bets but am willing to take on anyone...  :coffee:

Wow you  :surrender: We The Barbarians will now let you sit at the winner tale and let you buy the  :drinking:

All my winning can be send to Wildlife Minnesota 130 E main street Perham MN 56573

That is if The Barbarians win we still have a week to go!!  :dancinred: :blues brothers: :taz:
WILD, Side Bet Dollar is inside an envelope that has been hand delevered to Mark the Mailman who chuckled and said he would make sure it gets out of town on the express.....  :coffee:

:reporter; Bobby you can tell Mark your mailman Thanks we now know his doing his job.  :happy1: I have now got my dollar with Bobby Bass signer I will now add it to my 2,54.00 dollars that I have won in side bet!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: I thou once I get to 3,000.00 I would take a hunting or a fishing trip with all the side bet $$$ 

I will say Bobby your are a man of your word, and you wast no time in paying your bet off when you lose!!  ;D 

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well poos you are now down to 51 hours,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Then it all over and The Barbarians... Win!!!!!!!!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Yup, only 51 more sleepless hours for the Boobarians!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
UNLESS!!!!!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
Then no sleep until next spring!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! ;D ;D ;D
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Going through some photos tonight looks like I have to go back to target tomorrow to get another disc made from the other camera. My tower wont take or read cards anymore. The biggest walleye photographed this year was 31.5". 

I hope Wildlife is now sweating bullets.

Perhaps I will let him fret till about 11:59 pm tomorrow
 I do feel good about this years challenge it is alot of fun. I wish I had more time to hang around in here this summer. I miss you people.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I'm back from the last Team Make A Move mission.  We caught some fish.  Here is a couple of pics from the weekend.  The rest of the details will follow tomorrow evening.  This is a good friend of mine and myself with a  couple of samples.  The duck hunting was poor but the fish were big.   :whistling: :whistling:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Going through some photos tonight looks like I have to go back to target tomorrow to get another disc made from the other camera. My tower wont take or read cards anymore. The biggest walleye photographed this year was 31.5". 

I hope Wildlife is now sweating bullets.

Perhaps I will let him fret till about 11:59 pm tomorrow
 I do feel good about this years challenge it is alot of fun. I wish I had more time to hang around in here this summer. I miss you people.

I not going sweating bullets!! you ether have the fish or you do not!! You now have less then 15 hours to show your trophy fish which you need three of them and hope the judges will pass them, If not Game over!!
kenhuntin You post a smaller fish 25" then what you had  26"  :whistling: then you Bragg on a 31+ Please!! That sound like your  full of bull  :censored:

DDS nice fish photos!!  Can't wait to here your story!!  ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I don't know but DDS looks like one serious, pissed off, determined fisherman in that photo.  But he could be constipated and trying not to "Make A Move". :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like this thing is winding down real fast folks. Some nice fish  :happy1: posted there by DDS.

If you folks decide to sign up for the challenge next year, please bare this in mind since it will keep your team in honest contention and produce less  :spam: on the smackdown thread.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsAJDEa_BP8[/youtube]

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I would not falling to 4th place if someone just happen to post some fish and took over first...    :rotflmao: some one else is still playing the Challenge.. :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know but DDS looks like one serious, pissed off, determined fisherman in that photo.  But he could be constipated and trying not to "Make A Move". :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You got the first part right.  Pissed off and determined.  I hate to say it but Team Make A Move could not get it together this summer.  We gave it our best shot but took quite a beating.  We regretfully  :surrender: :surrender:.  We wish all of the rest of you the best of luck and who knows there are still a few hours left.  Maybe someone can shake up the leader board.  Congrats to the winners.
     I must say that the challenge was a blast.  For other frustrated fishermen like me this challenge takes 3 trophies to win.  Just getting one is a big challenge.  Participation is the fun part.  I already can't wait for next year.  I already like my teams chances . I'm due to put it all together.   In the mean time we will be concentrating on the first annual ice fishing challenge.  If you have not signed up yet you have until Nov.15th.  There is no better way to make the winter go fast.  It's  been a fun summer. :toast: :toast:  See you all at the awards banquet. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 10/31/11, 12:26:52 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS nice fish photos!!  Can't wait to here your story!! 

The story is my friend who does not fish for walleye much was talking on his phone when he got the 26 inch walleye and the 19 inch smallie on one of my jigs.  I was sitting right next to him.  He caught my fish.   ;D ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
DDS nice fish photos!!  Can't wait to here your story!! 

The story is my friend who does not fish for walleye much was talking on his phone when he got the 26 inch walleye and the 19 inch smallie on one of my jigs.  I was sitting right next to him.  He caught my fish.   ;D ;D

Hm sound like I been there!!  :banghead: :banghead: That day me and you fish you got that pike and that was the first think I said, But to fine that is would have give me a .25 upgrade at the time was a big relief and then I go back and get bigger pikes was way cool.  :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     We were up in Orr on Pelican Lake.  We were duck hunting and only fished a couple of hours.  That's Great Outdoors neck of the woods.  If he had some skills I'm sure he would be able to upgrade his pike because the feedbag is on.  (I wouldn't worry) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
At this late stage I guess it is safe to say "Congratulations to the Barbarians!"

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
kenhuntin That little pike will get Fawkinnae  hammer as there no nose on that fish  in the  :Photography: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: October 10/31/11, 07:24:00 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
kenhuntin That little pike will get Fawkinnae  hammer as there no nose on that fish  in the  :Photography: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That would be strike two!!! No tail in that so call 27"  :Photography: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/31/11, 07:32:30 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
As much as this kills me, I have to congratulate the Boobarians for winning the 2011 Challenge! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So Congrats to you guys!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
I should be done crying by March, just in time to start warming up for the 2012 Challenge! training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Fawkinnae  hammer Just when down on you kenhuntin  :dancinred: :dancinred:

Thou if they would have counted you would tie 3 place which would have giving you 4 place!!  ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice job to all :USA: :USA:

Congrats to the Barbarians.  Lee, Wildlife, and big Slick. :happy1:

This I believe has been one of the best smack down years to date, which is my favorite part of the challenge.  I hope to see some new faces this winter at the get together. 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     Congrats to the Barbarians.  Lee, Wildlife, and big Slick.  :USA: :USA:   I would also give my vote to Greatoutdoors for rookie of the year.  He can carry my tacklebox anytime.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Only problem with being a rookie is your second year we don't go so easy on ya!  :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
In behalf of The Barbarians... Thank you for  :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:  :oops1: :sorry: Thank you on the Congrats us!!  :happy1:

General I glad you think it was the best smack down years to date,  :sorry: :oops1: :spam: :moon:  

greatoutdoors I know your still  :cry: :cry: :cry: But Who know you just mite get stuck with me nexy year :rotflmao: :rotflmao: or it mite be the other way around  :banghead: :banghead:

<---------------The Barbarians... 2011 Fishing Challenge Champs!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: --<<<< :dancinred:
« Last Edit: October 10/31/11, 10:58:30 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congratulations to the new 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champions. It was a hard fought battle this year and the fish entries were phenomenal. The smack down thread was more fun than ever before. What other site could a body spew so much fun crap and not get Kicked off. The best part of the smackdown was everyone got smacked and smacked back. No angry feelings, or tempers flaring. although we did suffer a few wounds along the way. Fortunately for all the teams we managed to make it through the entire battle without any casualties.

Hey, I even got Borgie interested in the competition more so than in the past. I can't wait till next years Challenge and I'm lookin for some big pike partners. It's with a small tear in my eye that I prepare to receive my 1/3 of the Championship baton once again.
Big hugs go out to the creators of The Challenge, the judges, staff members and of course those that have donated prizes. Last but not leased thanks to the site admins for riding out the highs and lows once more this year and allowing the creative smackdown juices to flow freely.

I'd like  to dedicate this traditional victory song to the new 2011 Fishing Challenge Champs since you all deserve it. :Clap:

*Please feel free to crank up the volume and no tears :cry:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFfCKy0nKr0[/youtube]

Barbarians Forever! (well at least till next season)

:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/11, 07:51:40 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I too would like to congratulate the Barbarians on their record setting performance.

The Barbarians (Lee Borgersen, Big Slick, wildlifeminnesota)

93.00 total inches

31.00 Walleye   40.00 Pike   22.00 Bass

I also would like to thank my team mates, WhiteOakBuck and Huntin'chick. Thanks guys.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
One last one.  I wasn't sure if I saw Willy with his kid or Lee with the grand kid at my house last night but I did get a picture of them.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

P.S. You guys are great :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/11, 09:46:05 AM by The General »