Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What A Discrace  (Read 7039 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Christina Aguilera, always a pro singing the national anthem, couldn't make it through the Star Spangled Banner before the kickoff of Super Bowl XLV. Aguliera, who has handled the task without issue before NBA games, botched the lyrics badly halfway through the song.

Instead of "'O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming" turned into "what so proudly we watched at the twilight's last [unintelligable lyric]."

Luckily, Aguilera had the quick, crowd-rousing "rocket's red glare" line to follow it up, which she nailed and got the packed Cowboys Stadium quickly on her side.

Still, our eyewitnesses in Dallas tell us that the crowd had some drastic reactions. "This was the biggest performance of her career and she blew it," a source with a VIP view tells me. "To mess up the lyrics was a disaster."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxA3Aus8jY[/youtube]

Now, if you are honored with the task of singing our National Anthem anywhere, especially at the largest sporting event in the world, make sure you learn the song!!! Not only that, but leave your runs for your own songs that you wright. The national anthem is a beautiful song when sung right. It sure as hell doesn't need your idiotic runs and changes to make it "cool". Leave it the Hell along and sing it right!!

The halftime show was horrible as well. Only reason I'm not cursing them out is because they were outdone in horribleness by Skankulara screwing up the National Anthem.

Commercials are horrible as well. I tell ya what, to all those companies that spend millions on shooting the ad and putting it on during the Super Bowl, give me half the money you spent, I'll kick ya in the nuts, write you a cartoon and you'll be better off!!!!
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   I don't know about calling it a disgrace.  As mentioned it was probably the biggest performance of her career and she, being human got nervous.  That's what happens with live performances.  She has done this many times before and botched it this time.  I have seen this happen so many times at sporting events.  The singers must be very brave to take on this task.  She clearly knows the song.  Just proved that even the best can screw up when the pressure is on.   I also saw Phil Mickelson miss about a 12 inch putt today.  This stuff happens no matter how good you are and how many times you have done it.    All you can say is  :oops1: :sorry:  I was nervous. ;D  They got where they are by messing up a little less the rest of us. ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Well said DDS...X2
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I noticed there was a screw up by her. But its not as bad as what happened during the packers vs. bears national anthem. No one was being respectful during that one... It still is a discrace though to an extent

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Real disgrace was Jerry Jones selling tickets to seats he did not have all in an effort to set a seating record. Several hundred peeved fans there. :bs:   As for the song that is what happens when you sing live and have no instruments to help you along. Not her best performance but not the worse either. Only 100k in the stands and another 100 mil watching on TV singing what many have said to be one of the hardest songs to sing let alone embellish and put your own stamp on.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I'm not disappointed in her, but am disappointed for her. She's just about my favorite singer around and she is loaded with talent. I will say I wish todays singers would just sing the song the way it was meant to be sung instead of adding their own twist to it. That always ticks me off!
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
what many have said to be one of the hardest songs to sing let alone embellish and put your own stamp on.

My point exactly. Instead of worrying about how many runs and other BS you can do with it, just sing it the way it's intended.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Yeah for some reason singers think they need to put every lick they can on the anthem. And you do not need to say thank you after either. But messing up lyrics does not matter at all compared to some players not removing their damn caps or whatever them yamika looking things are.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I thought she sang fine. What is a disgrace is all the negative comments I have been reading about people today. After the half time show my facebook lit up with lashing out about how they didn't like this and didn't like that about the performance. It seems at time that all people want to do is complain about something.  :happy1:

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I thought she sang fine. What is a disgrace is all the negative comments I have been reading about people today. After the half time show my facebook lit up with lashing out about how they didn't like this and didn't like that about the performance. It seems at time that all people want to do is complain about something.  :happy1:

MNO, I could not agree with you more! Maybe all the complainers out there can do better?   :scratch:

Offline TNT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
i've got a question?

do you suppose sandmannd is feeling a little sheepish yet, or maybe he hasn't noticed yet that he misspelled disgrace. :scratch:
how's that for ironic.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Or I did it on purpose.  :banghead:

You folks can see it how you want. I wasn't looking for something to bitch about but when you go up and sing the National Anthem, get it right!! It always gets my goat bad when someone tries to sing it with all the runs and all the other  :bs: they do. Just sing the damn song how it was and don't mess it up. If you can't, then do the Milli Vanilli thing and have it pre-recorded.  :USA:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
i've got a question?

do you suppose sandmannd is feeling a little sheepish yet, or maybe he hasn't noticed yet that he misspelled disgrace. :scratch:
how's that for ironic.

:reporter;

Come on guy! Cut the sandman some slack on the spelling bro. There was a recent post by a fella picking on sandman's post when he himself  :oops1: started a sentence without a capital letter. :doah:  Hum... I think that may have been you. :scratch:

:sorry:  :whistling:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline TNT

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
sandman,
good answer, great come back,
sandman and lee,
my apologies for not including, "the above post is in jest" on that earlier post of mine.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
If you can't, then do the Milli Vanilli thing and have it pre-recorded.  :USA:

I prefer Milli Vanilli over all of the above  :happy1:

Offline Swany

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
She could have dropped the Carl Lewis "Uh Oh!" on everyone.
~Swany

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
i've got a question?

how's that for ironic.

:reporter;

Come on guy! Cut the sandman some slack on the spelling bro. There was a recent post by a fella picking on sandman's post when he himself  :oops1: started a sentence without a capital letter. :doah:  Hum... I think that may have been you. :scratch:

:sorry:  :whistling:

Hope no one runs the spell checker on my stories!  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Im none too gud at speling wurds miself.   :oops1:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
I dont spell to good myself..

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i didnt think it was that bad....halftime was a different story, but instead of complaining about it i just talked with friends at the party got something to eat, refreshed my drink.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
I have noticed a few spelling errors in you stories BB, but dont matter. Its alaway a fun read.

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Sorry BB.. I was gonna put a smiley on my last post...

And last time I checked, The forum rules didnt say we had to spell good.....

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I have noticed a few spelling errors in you stories BB, but dont matter. Its alaway a fun read.

randy
Spellin errors! No Randy, we just talk that way at Lake Iwanttobethere..   :happybounce:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   It's called Iwantabonics. ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
   It's called Iwantabonics. ;)
:scratch: we don't have bonics here, have some fishing wanttabes though  :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So I just looked around on the internet for how the national anthem was supposed to be sung and at the tempo it was suppose to be in should have only taken her just around a 1:20. but because she held notes for so long it took her around 2 minutes, and she even missed lines. I can agree with both sides of the story here. I kind of look at it in the way of if she is a 5 time grammy award winner she should nail every line and show her talent by doing it the traditional way its supposed to be.

As for spelling mistakes Evry1 gone dun speld or sed sumthing tha rong wiegh befor... :rotflmao:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
The girl definately has a great voice. She could possibly be the best voice at the time. This is a big deal with all the media attention. Some of you guys are right We should also look on the bright side of things and be thankful they did not hire a hip hop rapper to do their rendition of "it's Anthem"
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects