Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Anyone on this site fish Zippel Bay area?  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Effie07

• Outdoorsman
I move from east to west on the lake, usually between Babblers Road and Adrian Road.  Right now I have my wheelhouse at Zippel.  Fishing hasn't been amazing, but fair to good.  Will be up there the 17th thru 19th and the 26th-27th before making the move the Long Point for the last few weekends.....that is unless it really heats up at Zippel.  I'll report back after this weekend.
You can't afford not to go fishing.

Offline Swany

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I always end up fishing with my bro between Springsteel and Whiskey Flats. He lives/works in Roseau and is up there most weekends.
We were talking about running to the Igloo once this year if I can make it up again.
~Swany

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
I always end up fishing with my bro between Springsteel and Whiskey Flats. He lives/works in Roseau and is up there most weekends.
We were talking about running to the Igloo once this year if I can make it up again.

Swany the Igloo is a good time, made it there back in Jan.I will see if I got my picture & put up in case people want to know what it is
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline Effie07

• Outdoorsman
Me like the Igloo.  Reasonably priced beer and pizza, and the heated bathrooms just top the cake.

Offline Swany

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah, I have heard it is quite fun. I have yet to see it in person, just pictures from buddies. Are they still charging extra to fish while you eat/drink?
~Swany

Offline Effie07

• Outdoorsman
My uncle went there last Thursday with my two cousins (7 & 9 years old) and they let them fish for free.  I have seen them still charging $5 per hole for the typical beer drinking fisherman who visits.

Offline Effie07

• Outdoorsman
Heading to Zipple in less than 3 hours. :dancinred:  Will post a report on Monday.

Offline Archer

:fishing:  Went to LOWs, on Feb 24 and 25th. For 5 we caught 35 on the 24th and 18 on the 25th.  6 walleyes the rest saugers.  Fished out of Zipple Bay in 31 feet of water. I was rather slow on Friday compared to Thursday. Most of the fish caught where near the bottom.

Offline Effie07

• Outdoorsman
We made three moves last weekend in search of fish. Went from Sauger - Hot Spot - Jackfish and back to Sauger. Fished Thursday 5pm to Sunday 2pm and ended up keeping 6 walleyes and 19 saugers, threw back 3 slots 20", 21.5" and 23" and three small saugers.  Caught saugers until 11:07pm when setup on Sauger and Hotspot on Thursday night and until after 10pm on Friday night and my daughter pulled an 18" at 10:05pm from Jackfish on Saturday night after we picked up 2 pouts. Planning on fishing near the west end of Sauger this weekend.