Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Senko worms  (Read 13491 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    First shot with my new Senko worm mold.  Looks good.  I am getting ready for open water. 

Purple 5 inch worm.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
What size injection molder to you have?  :scratch:  Good looking worms!
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I currently have the Jacobs Bait injector.  I am going to add a couple of Bears soon so I can shoot some laminates.  It's really fun and addicting once you get started.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Sign me up DDS Is blue a possible color? I will go on a payment plan for them things being the challenge is coming. Lets meet at your waterhole asap.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     The best part  about pouring your own is that any color is possible.  The only limit is  your imagination.  See you on Tues.   :toast:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Nice. You are the worm master. How big are those?

Duh - 5"
« Last Edit: February 02/27/11, 08:40:28 PM by Fawkinnae »
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Sign me up DDS Is blue a possible color? I will go on a payment plan for them things being the challenge is coming. Lets meet at your waterhole asap.

Where is this waterhole? Am I invited??  :scratch:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Bonfire in Blaine.  Off of 35w and Lexington.  4:30 pm. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I need a ride there and back. Any takers? :whistling:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I'm sure MNO will send the private jet for you Lee.  He let's me use it all the time.  ;)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
   I'm sure MNO will send the private jet for you Lee.  He let's me use it all the time.  ;)

I need that back by the way.....

Nice worms! Caught my biggest walleye ever on a plastic worm down in Pool 4.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   My kids took it out for a spin.  I will send it back after I get the candy wrappers and fast food bags out of it.  ;D

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Working on a top secret formula for the previous MVP of the 2010 fishing challenge.  This is just the start.  We have a little time to perfect it.  Since this is not the finished formula I will share it with you to show what goes into a worm.  Once the formula is perfected it will be closely guarded by my two attack dogs.  You don't get to be MVP by fishing with any old worm.  ;D

« Last Edit: March 03/07/11, 05:46:19 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Working on a top secret formula for the previous MVP of the 2010 fishing challenge.  This is just the start.  We have a little time to perfect it.  Since this is not the finished formula I will share it with you to show what goes into a worm.  Once the formula is perfected it will be closely guarded by my two attack dogs.  You don't get to be MVP by fishing with any old worm.  ;D

Are you mad?! You're creating a monster... a monster I tell you.
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I feel safe because I will be the only one with the actual formula.  It will be written in code.  Just like grandma's potato salad.  You may be able to get close but it's just not the same.  ;)

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
God bless you. MMADSCIENTISTBYNIGHT.
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     This is what I pictured in my noggin.  The far right are heavily salted with (secret glitter).  That is the color I was shooting for.  All of these are shot with the same dye. The two in the middle have no salt or glitter.  All that needs to be added is the scent.  What do you think?  :scratch:

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like they will catch some fish.   :happy1:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
The ones on the far right look like the exact hue the big bucket mouths prefer on the lake I hunt them.
A gun owner is a citizen

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
They look Great... should only be shared with your prior partners in MNO Fishing Contests.. :toast:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
They look Great... should only be shared with your prior partners in MNO Fishing Contests.. :toast:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:    Corny- I hope to hook up with you on Leech this summer!!!   :happy1:  I will try to  twist Doug's arm too. I'll buy the  :toast:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
What Corny and DDS said.  :toast: :toast:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
The ones on the far right look like the exact hue the big bucket mouths prefer on the lake I hunt them.

That is what I was shooting for.  If we end up on the same team all will be good.  If not I will dangle these over a candle and slowly melt them each time you post a fish.   :rotflmao:

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Looking good If I was a fish I  :scratch: eat it up,  :happy1:

Offline jgyear

First shot with my new Senko worm mold.  Looks good.  I am getting ready for open water. 

Purple 5 inch worm.
Hey. if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the senko mold? I have been looking for one but cannot find one anywhere.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
   First shot with my new Senko worm mold.  Looks good.  I am getting ready for open water.  

Purple 5 inch worm.
Hey. if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the senko mold? I have been looking for one but cannot find one anywhere.

jgyear,

DDS has many secrets when it comes to his experimental laboratory. I'm afraid you'll have to get a personal invitation to view his methods.

WARNING: You may not make it out alive if he decides to include you in his experimental process.

Be careful what you ask for jgyear  :popcorn:

Just sayin!  :whistling:

« Last Edit: April 04/04/12, 06:10:31 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline jgyear

First shot with my new Senko worm mold.  Looks good.  I am getting ready for open water.  

Purple 5 inch worm.

DDS has many secrets when it comes to his experimental laboratory. I'm afraid you'll have to get a personal invitation to view his methods.

WARNING: You may not make it out alive if he decides to include you in his experimental process.

Be careful what you ask for jgyear  :popcorn:

Just sayin!  :whistling:

Oh all mighty DDS.I am here in you presence to ask a favor of you.(i would like to know where you aquired your senko mold.) if I am worthy enough to obtain this information, please let it be known.
haha. I would just like to know if you got it from a website or not. I would really like to get a senko mold for my own personal use.

By the way, I took the time to read the couple pages on this thread.i really do like what you are doing.never really thought to use blue worms or anything else that was not a dark natural kind of color.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

Purple 5 inch worm.

Glad you asked.  There are several vendors that sell these new.  I have 5 or 6 Senko molds that were all purchased used on the auction site ebay.  There are two types.  Hand pour and hand injection.  Price wise you can get them for around 50$ + shipping used.  Just be aware that injection molds require an injector.  Please feel free to ask any questions you have.  Making your own baits is fun.  It doesn't save you any money because it usually  turns into an all out obsession.

Offline jgyear

Purple 5 inch worm.

Glad you asked.  There are several vendors that sell these new.  I have 5 or 6 Senko molds that were all purchased used on the auction site ebay.  There are two types.  Hand pour and hand injection.  Price wise you can get them for around 50$ + shipping used.  Just be aware that injection molds require an injector.  Please feel free to ask any questions you have.  Making your own baits is fun.  It doesn't save you any money because it usually  turns into an all out obsession.
when you say "injection mold" do you mean the large syringe looking thing?
also, do you know what brand are the ones that you have?
« Last Edit: April 04/04/12, 07:13:03 PM by jgyear »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    I have a couple of Bear's and couple of Bass tackle's.  You can also get one sided molds that will give you a flat side on your worm.  It all depends on how much do you want to spend.    If you are serious about this topic send me a pm and I can help you get started.  Glad you signed up and I hope you sign up for our fishing challenge.   :happy1: