Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Boat batteries  (Read 2346 times)

Offline prosupermag

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • 2013 DDS Multi Species Side Bet Challenge Winner
I am in need of some new batteries for my boat this year and i was wondering on what brand will give me the best life  so i figured i would ask you guys and gals about what ones you think are best

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Interstate battery for sure.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I have had really good luck with Exide marine and Super Start's in Group 31's. Some boats don't have room for the 31's, but they have amazing run time.

Offline Fishabass

• Outdoorsman
Most people won't believe this but in 2002 I bought Optima batteries for my Ranger I charge them and leave them in the boat year round. I fish tournaments, Guide, and spend about 100 days a year on the water. These batteries are still going strong. If you do the math it is a heck of a lot cheaper to spend the money and get the life. Before I used to replace batteries about every year and a half...
Life is tough, It's tougher when you're Stupid!
(John Wayne)

Offline prosupermag

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • 2013 DDS Multi Species Side Bet Challenge Winner
so there is no real set leader in the battery department everyone has had luck with one brand or another   i know the optima batteries are suposed to be good but they are also very expensive   i have a small ranger boat that is 15 1/2 feet long  and has no storage in the front so i run two batteries in the back  that i hook up in paralel i believe it is  so that i have two batteries but it is still only 12 volts  from this i run my trolling moter  starting my gas moter and 2 depthfinders along with the lights some times  a radio  so i am looking for something resonably cheep that has very good run time   or atleast get the most bang for my buck  the batteres that i am takeing out have been in the boat since 2004 and have done ok but i keep them charged and i bring them in the house in the winter time

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
They say you should not bring a battery in where it is warm. They say you should just charge it every 3 months when it is cold out. The warmer the temp the faster they discharge just sitting there. I always just charge mine and leave them in whatever they are in. Just disconnect them first. I've had Optimas in my 18 foot Lund since 2004 and they will troll for about 3 to 4 hours now when it is windy. I think it is time to replace them. I use the 24 volt trolling motor. I,m checking around for the best deal.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Exide or Optima.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.