Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Youth ATV  (Read 1883 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Anyone have any pros or cons of those knock off brand youth ATV's.  I'm thinking of buying one this spring.  Not sure if I should spend the extra $1000 to buy one of the regular brands.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
depends on how mechanical you are. I consider myself to be handy and I kept my knock off for just over a year before I had to sell it (for sanity reasons). it ran fine out of the box.. but then the cruddy battery died.. had to get a new one. then the float got a hole in it.. had to find those on line. then it just got unpredictable sometimes it would start and run fine other times it wouldn't start at all.. my brother and i got em at the same time and he's still dealing with the thing, the worst part is his oldest doesn't even try to ride it anymore because he's sick of getting stuck out on our trails with it, or having it not start for him. my neighbor picked one up and within a week he had trouble... but he was able to return it. just my personal experience
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
I heard they are very hard to find parts for.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
there is a few websites with parts.. but the hard part is matching them up to your knock off model..some are yamaha some are honda knockoffs.. and they all have different goofy names. the way I found my float was just by guessing and matching it up to pictures on the net..
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone have any pros or cons of those knock off brand youth ATV's.  I'm thinking of buying one this spring.  Not sure if I should spend the extra $1000 to buy one of the regular brands.

Spend it!  I have worked on one of these before and what a waste of time.  Runs great and then it's nothing but a headache.  Parts are very hard to find and they're so poorly put together. Spend the extra money, less issues and worries and better re-sale value when you're done with it.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline snmann

• Outdoorsman
Buy a name brand.  I have seen too many people make the mistake of buying inferior products.  There are many solid deals on Craig's list.  $1000-$700 for a name brand atv or $500 for a knock-off.  There probably have been many people that have had success with those machines but none that hang around me.  You get what you pay for with youth atv's.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and your advice will be taken.   :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Excellent choice.  As well as going name brand, you have many more local vendors and repair facilities at your disposal than a knock off brand. 
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.