Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: One tuff Cat!  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
We have a Farrell cat that we somewhat adopted going on 3 1/2 years now. He comes almost every single morning for chow and milk. He was a skinny sucker when he first showed up and has long since adopted us. Every morning he shows up before daybreak and waits for some grub. When I reach down with his dish from inside the house at the patio door he hisses at me some times. We never tried to touch him since he's wild.

We've named him Moocher and he's only about a 6 lb small male. We also have our indoor cat Max and he's 20 lbs.
So, anyhow last night I had the patio lights on and I saw Moocher waiting for a snack. I gave him a bowl of milk and some food as I watched him eat. He suddenly stopped eating with his head turned backward as if something was going on. Well I first saw a shadow with the lights being on and then this giant raccoon walks up. I figured Moocher was soon to be in deep doo doo. As the coon slowly approached I called for Borgie to come see the show.

Moocher definitely was well aware of the coon starting to crowd in on him as he continued to eat and it seemed like he's not giving up his chow. The coon got within eight inches of our home boy as I waited for the coon to pounce. The coon then reached his paw slowly within one inch of the chow. With that Moochers ears went back and his head rose up and with a mighty hiss and this huge thirty lb. coon took off. I was waiting for this coon to grab the cat by the back of the neck and run off with him.

I just couldn't believe what I just saw and neither could Borgie. I figured the coon would run the cat off.

Sorry for those of you that were waiting to see the cat ripped to pieces, but that's the way the story went down. Is it unusual for a coon to respect the space of Farrell cat like that? What do you think, I'd like to know?
« Last Edit: April 04/15/11, 11:50:57 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the food chain has been reorganized in your neighborhood.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
heck if it was fall i bet you would of shot the coon and had a nice fur

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Not hard at all to figure out. A good coon could take a cat most times. They'd get a few battle scars doing so. Just how bad do they want what they are after?

Like me at 165lbs. I don't think I'd have a problem winning a game of mortal combat with a cat that was 60 lbs but I would get many battle scars from it. Would it be worth going through to get what I was after?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
i think it would be, you need to should bulk up   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/23/11, 03:16:14 PM by lentz »

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Why bulk up? I'd just let you show me how it's done first.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
Why bulk up? I'd just let you show me how it's done first.

k send me a 60 pound cat in the mail