Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Scam or no scam  (Read 4063 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Ok this just go to show how bad are economy is getting.  As most of you all know I run my owe retail store at the same time I make fur hat boots. now back in January I had order coming left and right, Now gas is now 3.89 and my order and the door just stop!! opening phone is dead then 
today I get a e-mail and they want to order 25 pair of fur booties @ 279.99 ea and want it sent to Spanga Sweden.

Now my ? is do you think it a scam if yes why?
               Or
Do you think it is not a scam and why?

Now here are the two e-mail,

Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 11:44 AM
To: arensvariety@personainternet.com
Subject: Order

My name is Daniel Grace  i will like your company to get me a price on some ( slippers ) I will like you to get me the sizes and the types of ( slippers   ) you have and the price range on them.

Immediate responses is require and advise on the method of payment.

With Kind Regards
Mr.Daniel Grace

Are reply,,,
Subject: RE: Order
To: "'Daniel Grace'" <grace.v103@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, May 2, 2011, 3:25 PM

Hi Daniel,

If you go to www.peterpaulfur.com, go under slippers and all the fur and prices are there.

Thank You for your interest.

Brian

Now there reply,,,

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email.Well i am okay with The

( Fur Bootie Slippers / Size: 8-10 / Black Beaver  @  $279.99 )

i  will be purchasing ( 25 ) pieces  And ,i will recommend a freight company for the pick up of the items to ( Sweden ).Now i want you to contact this shipping company with the total weight of the UNIT ,find out the freight quote how much it will cost me . The delivery address is below:

Please contact them with the information below.

1. The pick-up address
2. The delivery Address:
3. The total weight on this shipment

The delivery Address:

Daneil & Sons Co,Ltd
Avestagatan 33 S-163 53
Spanga Sweden.

Contact Person Name: John shimmer
Freight Company Email Address : [ alaskashippingco@hotmail.com ]

Try and CC me a copy of what you will be sending to the freight company..

And including the pick-up location and they will surely get you a freight quote .As soon as you her from them let me know so that i can proceed with the transaction . I will make payment with my Credit Card,

Regards
Mr.Skyler Wood

Now you are asking yourself why I would post this?
Because I myself know It is a scam as I also want the hole world to know it a scam!!!! Read the e-mail close, see if you can spot all the high tell tell sign.
Now I Google it and this is what I fine,
http://www.steam-brite.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1388.html   

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Where do they make the money?  Are they expecting you to send the slippers?  It could be fun to send them the wrong item accidentally :whistling:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
   Where do they make the money?  Are they expecting you to send the slippers?  It could be fun to send them the wrong item accidentally :whistling:

DDS here how It work.
Cost of the goods is 6,000. + and they want to use there shipping method, and it always high like 3,000. now they paid you 9,000. in stoning credit cards, now you pay the shipping that is fails and then the credit  card bills it all back to your bank,  then they in up with 3,000. with no goods that was never pick up.
Now you are out the 3,000. and the cost you put in to your product,

Now I am still waiting there e-mail back as I plan on posting how this will turn out  :scratch: I am hoping they will give me some card # I plan on call the card co/ up then I will go from there,

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if it is legit - then you have yourself a busy spring and a nice order!   :happy1:

Hope it turns out good, but nice you were able to catch this.  Such a big order is a little fishy, especially from Sweden!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a Swedish visitor on the ATI website back in early April.  Came by doing a google search of 'Cyclops Ice jigs' and went to the link exchange - could be the same guy and got to your site from there?!  The IP address isnt THAT close to where this guy wants the shipment to, but you never know..... Just a thought.

:scratch:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Now look at the e-mail s They are from two dentifrice names, Like he forgot who he was e-mailing
They also want to use their shipping,
Look at all the miss spell words, I know I not much better  ;D
They all so pick the highest price on your web-site page  
« Last Edit: May 05/03/11, 10:09:11 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Some of the language looks similar to someone that contacted me wanting a bunch of shirts. They were not from Sweden though. I think I told them to call me and of course they never did.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Some of the language looks similar to someone that contacted me wanting a bunch of shirts. They were not from Sweden though. I think I told them to call me and of course they never did.

here are more address
Mark & Son's Equipment Inc,
1 Arbor lea circle P.O box 7642
Doylestown,18901,PA

August Smith (Owner)
August And Sons Ltd
1 arbor lea circle
Doylestown PA 18901

Richard Morrison
5159 Mission St #854
San Francisco , CA 94112
Tel: 206-203-0919

Bob& Son's Inc,
Johannes Vermeerstraat 45,
1271 DL Amsterdam,
0031 The Netherlands.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Bongo international shipping.   Per month or a 1 time 5$ fee.  What legit customer would not want to protect themselves also.   
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I also sent to to the news station,  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05/03/11, 11:09:30 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Update
I sent the shipping this
John shimmer I would like to know the cost to have 35lb of are product fur slipper pick up at perham MN 56573 and sent to this address
> Daneil & Sons Co,Ltd
> Avestagatan 33 S-163 53
> Spanga Sweden.
>
>
Just got this e-mail back
***ALASKA SHIPPING COMPANY***

Dear Valued Customer,
                                  Thank you once again for contacting Alaska Shipping Co, for your shipping needs.We checked on shipping product of  fur slipper,with the 35lb .Picking it up from your location to Sweden,And its going to cost ( $ 2,850.00 ).That includes international airway taxes (I.A.T), Tarrifs and custom's clearance duties.It takes approximately 2-3 days for delivery from the day of pick-up.

From your location:

perham MN 56573
USA

Ship to:

Daniel & Sons Co,Ltd
Avestagatan 33 S-163 53
Spanga Sweden.

This freight charges include import & customs levies and door to door delivery. The bill of lading & all documentation will be taken care of by our personnel at the Pickup location on the schedule date.
Thank you for contacting Alaska Shipping Co for your International business shipping needs. Please include Shipping Request ID: 0061032010ACC to all follow-up emails for reference purposes.

Thanks in Advance
The Freight & Logistics Manager
Mr John Shimmers
alaska shipping co
alaskashippingco@hotmail.com

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Up date
Well he call me and give me two card # he want in to put 5000, on one and 4850, on the other one, Now I call the card CO/  and they are calling the cardholder to let them know of this,  :happy1:

The caller ID was out Cleveland OH 216-6724879

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
This IS a scam relating to the link below.

Was gonna say, doing a Google search, of his email is from his ISP provider, which it seems like... personainternet.com ... Is a Canadian based ISP... So I am not totally sure on this...

http://www.eastlink.ca/index.asp is what comes up when you Google http://www.eastlink.ca/index.asp <--- last part of his email...

Could always run a background check on him too as well, see if he has prior scamming charges or whatnot.

Just be careful,

Tyler

PS:

Not sure if this is the same Daniel Grace or not but check this link out...

http://www.advertisingmiami.com/blog/2009/10/how-the-printing-quote-scam-doesnt-work/
« Last Edit: May 05/04/11, 06:07:33 PM by Tyler Rother »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Now he call back and want me to sent he a copy of the sale, I just told him I would,

YES it is a Scam

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You know what fun about being scam,, Know it and scamming the scam er.  ;D