Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ice Update from High Banks  (Read 5370 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ice Update!!  We have plowed roads!!!  They extend 1 1/2 miles to 2 miles out to the NW of the resort.  The storm produced 7 inches of fresh snow.  We have 15-16 inches of ice with temps today at minus 13 degrees.  We will be taking truck travel and wheel house access starting tomorrow, Jan 5.  The lodge will be open from 7am-10pm.  See you at the Lake!!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
my bride just informed me that highbanks posted on facebook they have closed down there access for now, until things freeze back up. this due to all the water on the wrong side of the ice!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I didn't check it today, but I will. Thanks Glenn

Next weekend we'll prolly be back out there unless the conditions don't get better.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
From High Banks....

Ice Update** EFFECTIVE TODAY at 3:00PM!!!! No public Access at our resort until Friday, Jan 27th. High Banks Guests only will be allowed to access. With the warm up in temperatures we are experiencing large amounts of water on the ice and forecast is indicating warm weather this week until Thursday. Need time for things to refreeze. 24" of ice currently.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my wife just showed me what highbanks just posted on facebook today. 20 inches of snow, 11 inches of ice. no trucks, no wheelhouses, no ATV's, no ice roads. snowmobile travel only...………….gonna be a long winter for the resorts.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife just showed me a post highbanks posted on Facebook. Seems another resort is trying to hitch up to highbanks road system in the lake.

I know it's been an issue at times in the past and really cranks other resorts up. Can't say I blame them.

I know resorts that have good road systems usual bank or put up a big berm to avoid road invasion.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife just showed me a post highbanks posted on Facebook. Seems another resort is trying to hitch up to highbanks road system in the lake.

I know it's been an issue at times in the past and really cranks other resorts up. Can't say I blame them.

I know resorts that have good road systems usual bank or put up a big berm to avoid road invasion.

Yeah there use to be some good battles on Mill Lacs back when there were so many Resorts plowing out there. Heard where some would plow the other guys closed if they hook up to their roads!   :surrender:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard they deleted the Facebook post because they where getting some heat over it. :confused: :pouty:

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

I thought they had the east side to themselves?
The other resorts are on the south and north shores?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Heard of this before over there too, don't remember who the culprit was then.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I thought they had the east side to themselves?
The other resorts are on the south and north shores?
there is one not to far from them to the north. Don't remember the name. :confused: oh yea the pines.

I remember some resorts from the south side plowing almost all the way up to highbanks.
« Last Edit: January 01/23/21, 06:26:23 PM by glenn57 »

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That just seems like a hell of a long ways to for any resort I guess?

I get it tho!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Haven't been over there in a while but I'm pretty :scratch: sure Denny's & Nodaks are the closet ones going the other way & they're over by Bena. I don't know what Denny's does for the hardwater season :confused: but I have a relative who goes to Nodaks every year mid-February & I'm certain they have some roads out there.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last night i was dinkin around on fartbook and seen Highbanks posted a picture of a sunset with open water. based on the timeline it was yesterday and advertising opening weekend in a month.

i aint really believing Winnie opened up yet???????

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a chance it opened up already.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a chance it opened up already.
Yea kinda figured they manipulated that post!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: I looked at the satellite yday & had to go back to Thursday to see much of anything but ML looked completely locked up to me yet then. https://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/
« Last Edit: April 04/15/23, 01:54:11 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Can ya imagin wat a mess rainy river is gona be.. lake will be locked up and 10000 boats cramed in the rainy..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That could be the way the forecast is looking.
Hey look your bobber is up!