Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Outdoorsmen with Heart Problems  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Since I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure three years ago it has been in the back of my mind to start a string for other outdoorsmen with the same problem to share what they do. A fishing buddy of mine suffered a heart attack about a month ago and is having a hard time getting back to "Normal" hard part for him is he is 54 and is not ready to slow down any. Having a stent put in got him in and out of the hospital but he is having some bad days which I share with him having CHF I don't look forward to these hot days with high humidity. So anyone else have a problem with their ticker tocking?
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline rod-man

• Outdoorsman
I'm 51
diabetic
stent 5yrs ago
lost left leg below the knee 4yrs ago

not HANDICAPPED JUST SLOWER...
just slow down...enjoy life and the outdoors.
Its ALL attitude.
don't let it get you down.
LIVE LIFE EVERY DAY!!
Have fun

Be safe  share the water <*)}}}}}><~~~~

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I have WPW.  It is an extra electrical pathway from the top of the heart to the bottom of the heart. If I get dehydrated, drink alcohol, or a lot of caffine I will go into atrial fib.  Heart beats 180 beats per min, blood pressure is 30 over 60 and I get really light headed and tip over.  I then get a trip to the ER to have my heart shocked which hurts like hell.  14 times since I turned 25 but only 2 times in the last 5 years.  Had heart surgery 5 years ago and they were unable to laser off the extra pathway.  Its on my aorta and it is way to risky.  One slipup and I'm a gonner.  I have learned to live every day like its my last with no regrets.
I'm 42 and planning on making it to at least 80
I've also lost weight, eat healthier and try to exercise.
Heart issues are not a death sentance, they are a wake up call.

Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
in march i had a 4 by by-pass. of course i have the genetic factor going for me! had no damage but he did tell me i could of had some serious issues. also watching my blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesteral too! other then that i am a fine physical specimen! :woot: :woot: other than a little healing yet i feel good!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I just have to say I am in awe of you guys! I guess I'll have to quit fretting about getting older (which I occasionally find myself doing).

Here's to your continued good times in the outdoors!
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday was one of them days where I wish I could hook up a beer IV... but just a taste is all the wife would let me have before sticking a glass of cold water in my paw. We know the water is better for ya anyway. Looking forward to a break in the weather, me and the dogs.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
how does she no beers not good for ya. it made BUD.....................wiser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast: :toast: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
I just have to say I am in awe of you guys! I guess I'll have to quit fretting about getting older (which I occasionally find myself doing).

Here's to your continued good times in the outdoors!

Makes those inflamed hemorrhoids a little less significant does'nt it. :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.