Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: LOTW Report 10/2/2011  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Border View Lodge

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • www.borderviewlodge.com
Excellent fishing continues and the shiners are getting to be greater numbers in the river.  Many groups have been fishing just outside the Lighthouse Gap from depths of 14-22 feet.  Current water temp in the river is 55.6.

Typically I never tell a story on the fishing report but this is one that I thought could be shared.  My mother and her Great Grand Son Keegan, who is 9 years old, were out for a walk around Bush Lake in Bloomington.  While walking by the shore Keegan spotted some fishing line, as he tracked it from one end to the other he found that there was still a hook attached.  He then proceeded to find a stick which he tied the line to one end of.  As my mother asked what he will use for bait he found some dead bugs and put one on the hook.  All the while grandma had no expectations while respecting Keegan’s intuitions and enjoying seeing him put this together.  Yes, it was a success, Sunfish!  The stick with line is now at Great Grandmas house ready for another walk as there are more fish to be caught another day.

It again looks like a beautiful week of weather coming up with highs, once again, in the seventies.  Won’t be too many days like this left in 2011, so come on up and enjoy what our area has to offer!

FISH ON

Border View Lodge
3409 State Highway 172 NW
Baudette, MN 56623
1-800-776-3474
www.borderviewlodge.com