Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ontario Icefishing ?  (Read 3025 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     Does anyone have any recommendations for winter fishing in Ontario?  The places I have been are all closed up for the Winter.  I know Lake of the Woods is an option.  I would like to find a smaller Lake if possible.    :cold:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
     Does anyone have any recommendations for winter fishing in Ontario?  The places I have been are all closed up for the Winter.  I know Lake of the Woods is an option.  I would like to find a smaller Lake if possible.    :cold:

PM me and I will tell you what I know.
any particular species in mind?
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Where about's you looking DDS? That's my old backyard. Are you looking for a resort to stay at for Ice Fishing? LMK.
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Jigglestick pm sent.   :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Where about's you looking DDS? That's my old backyard. Are you looking for a resort to stay at for Ice Fishing? LMK.

I'm looking for a place to ice fish out of late Feb.  Motel or resort.  Kenora or Ear Falls area.  Sleeper houses would be great if they have some somewhere.  I could use it as a base camp.  I have not had a lot of luck on the web.  Seems most resorts are closed and a lot of the lakes have current with questionable ice.  The few house rentals I found you need at least 4 people.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I didn't think, but what about lake winnipeg? awsomely huge green back walleyes in there!
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't think, but what about lake winnipeg? awsomely huge green back walleyes in there!

Thats the other choice I am looking into.  Trying to talk my son into giving it a try.  The conditions can get bad so I don't want to hit Lake Winnipeg alone.