Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 114554 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   This thread opens at 12:00 Noon tomorrow.  That should be enough time for our freshwater challenge smackers to catch a breath and pat themselves on the back for a fine performance this summer.   :drinking: :drinking:  After that it's  training-087 as usual.  Remember the teams will be announced November 16th.  Good luck and punch a pillow if have a hard time dealing with pent up smack.   :king:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   The 2011 first annual Ice Fishing Smackdown thread is now open.   Just a warning- There will be some that will show up here and talk about winning the open water challenge.  That means nothing in here and is old news.  There are no past ice fishing challenge winners so that title will be up for grabs this year.  Good luck to all that enter and if you are gonna talk smack be prepared for the repercussions.   

To the 2011 freshwater champs--That's history, old news, and long forgotten.  :king:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
wow You work all summer to win and not 24 hour later your old new!!!  :doah:
 :scratch: You win to have bragging right and now we are old new and you do not want to here it!!!  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Well I say tough  :censored: DDS` We keep that in mite when you win  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Or maybe we will not have to worry about that!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I thought I might get your attention.  Good luck wildlife.  Back to back championships would get you bragging rights big time.  Unless you are on my team you will have to work harder for this one. ;D ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You just know how to get my attention!!  :cold: Now all so you know I Ice fish Walleye, pike, bass, but You may have me bet in the little fish ( pan fish} As I fish less for the little guys, But I could just pull this off with a perch as walleye love perch and perch love live bait!!  :moon:

I just  :scratch: who you would want to be on your team As I may take this back to back challenge!!!  ;D  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Where are all the Open water Smakers?????? :scratch: :scratch:  I see a couple have signed up ...are the others Afraid of walking on water?? :whistling:  Or just afraid Wild will win again??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Or so old they are heading for Arizona for the winter to drink Tequila  :tequila;

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I think you pretty much nailed it Corny.  Wild walked on water this summer. I think he scared a few of the open water fishermen back into their mothers basements.  We will see how he does when the rest of us can walk on water  too.   ;D    This contest is just an extension of the open water challenge which was designed by our own  :bow: MR.  Bobby Bass.  I'm sure you saw he was the first to sign up :Clap:.  For all that enter I can guarantee your skills will be tested.  For those that don't I'm sure you will regret it.  Only 13 days left to man up!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Boo  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I scare them!!! Besided I may whoop there  :moon: again,,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But now I can drive on water!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Boo  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I scare them!!! Besided I may whoop there  :moon: again,,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Drive on water? Should not be a big deal, I heard you claim all summer that you can walk on it...  :coffee:         :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Drive on water? Should not be a big deal, I heard you claim all summer that you can walk on it...  :coffee:         :rotflmao:

Well good day BB, I can walk on water I can all so drive on water But there one thing I can not do and that I can not swim on water  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion

Well, well, Wild's back. ;D
I don't fish anything but Lakers in the winter so would you care to have a TGO/Wild side bet on them, Puss Boy??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Well, well, Wild's back. ;D
I don't fish anything but Lakers in the winter so would you care to have a TGO/Wild side bet on them, Puss Boy??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I thou you was still 
After we kick your  :moon:

So you want a rematch with me do you..  a side bet

NO!!! as you are not sign in  2011 Ice fishing challenge!! I do not make bet with outsider of 2011 Ice fishing challenge!!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Wild is a: (Pick one, heck pick all if you want)
Coward, Whimp, Sissy, Puss Boy!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I only fish Lake Trout, a real Man's fish-so I'm sure you could not handle the side bet! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
I understand! ;D
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Tread lightly G.O.  Calling out Wild on Lakers is apples to oranges.  Unless of course it was a one day event on Burntside.  Then you might just get a few other takers.  We saw what happened when the Lady from Illinois called you out last summer :rotflmao: :rotflmao:.  One other thing,  your post has negative connotations for those of us that leave the lakers for the enlightened ones. ;D 

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
   Tread lightly G.O.  Calling out Wild on Lakers is apples to oranges.  Unless of course it was a one day event on Burntside.  Then you might just get a few other takers.  We saw what happened when the Lady from Illinois called you out last summer :rotflmao: :rotflmao:.  One other thing,  your post has negative connotations for those of us that leave the lakers for the enlightened ones. ;D 

:queen: and I figured greatoutdoors would still be licking his wounds from the beating Borgies raiders gave him in this last challenge. Not to mention being smashed down by the Barbarians.
 :oops1: almost forgot the side bet he lost to Lee on his teams lack of any upgrades. I keep checking the mail for the $10.00 Lee said I could have. My... My  :whistling: then there's the Bears/Vikes game loss of a buck to my old man.

Over all I would have to say that greatoutdoors is all talk and :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:queen2: Borgie

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
That's it, Borgie!! training-087
My first year in the Challenge, and made a few mistakes (like forgetting to put the spinnerbait in the picture :bonk:) that cost SEALTeam 6 2nd place, and I apologize to my team mates for that :doah:
Next year will be revenge, and things will be quite different. :dancinred: :dancinred:
How about you??  Do you dare walk out on the ice to fish any Trout in the winter, or is winter too cold for Borgie "Sissy Woman" Borgersen??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  Tread lightly G.O.  Calling out Wild on Lakers is apples to oranges.  Unless of course it was a one day event on Burntside.  Then you might just get a few other takers.  We saw what happened when the Lady from Illinois called you out last summer :rotflmao: :rotflmao:.  One other thing,  your post has negative connotations for those of us that leave the lakers for the enlightened ones. ;D  
DDSBYDAY,
We could make it a one day deal on Burntside, if you could find your way to the lake in one day. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Dan Houle seems to think that could never happen!! ;D
After you were shut out, and I kicked your butt in the "Trout Off", I'd point out the fact that one must drill a hole in the ice and put the bait into the lake, not let it sit on top! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Of course, you'd have caught many more Ravens than me, but that's another story! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
Bwahahahahahahaha :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
« Last Edit: November 11/05/11, 11:02:32 AM by greatoutdoors »
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's it, Borgie!! training-087
My first year in the Challenge, and made a few mistakes (like forgetting to put the spinnerbait in the picture :bonk:) that cost SEALTeam 6 2nd place, and I apologize to my team mates for that :doah:
Next year will be revenge, and things will be quite different. :dancinred: :dancinred:
How about you??  Do you dare walk out on the ice to fish any Trout in the winter, or is winter too cold for Borgie "Sissy Woman" Borgersen??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:blablabla: Listen up greatoutdoors,

I have a feeling you may want to retract that statement. :queen:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Tread lightly G.O.  Calling out Wild on Lakers is apples to oranges.  Unless of course it was a one day event on Burntside.  Then you might just get a few other takers.  We saw what happened when the Lady from Illinois called you out last summer :rotflmao: :rotflmao:.  One other thing,  your post has negative connotations for those of us that leave the lakers for the enlightened ones. ;D  
DDSBYDAY,
We could make it a one day deal on Burntside, if you could find your way to the lake in one day. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Dan Houle seems to think that could never happen!! ;D
After you were shut out, and I kicked your butt in the "Trout Off", I'd point out the fact that one must drill a hole in the ice and put the bait into the lake, not let it sit on top! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Of course, you'd have caught many more Ravens than me, but that's another story! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
Bwahahahahahahaha :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

G.O. if we get good ice this year I just might have to come up there one day and give you a schooling on the finer points of Laker fishing.  I plan on hitting Pelican one weekend this winter if ice conditions are good.  You may want to retract your offer.  :whistling: :coffee:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
In reply to the last two posts, one from the Borgster, the other from "Mr. I can't find my way anywhere without a guide." ;D
The picture doesn't scare me Borgie, this ain't Lee your messing with!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
DDSBYDAY, when you're done toying with the puddle called Pelican Lake, come over to a real man's lake, (Burntside) and try to catch some manly fish-The Wiley Lake Trout!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
In other words, bring it on, Babbee!!!!!!! training-087 training-087 training-087
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I might just take you up on that.  It would be worth the drive to kick some Laker  :moon: and collect an autographed dollar bill from the Greatoudoors.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
DDSBYDAY,
Is that, "just might take you up on that if I can find the lake???" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Well, cmon on up, Big Boy and show me what you got!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
You can even have Dan Houle guide you, if you want to operate under a handicap! ;D ;D ;D
If you have the nerve, that is! training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
Heh, heh, heh! :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     I got directions from Dan Houlio one time.  I didn't realize he was on your payroll.  That was a good one but it won't work a second time.  I believe Burntside has real game fish in it as well.  I think you should man up and sign up for the challenge.  Otherwise you will have to post in the Ladies thread at the bottom of the first page.  At least for this year Lake trout do not qualify any more than bourbot.   Like I said before if we get some good ice this year I would be happy to take a signed dollar bill off of you.   :whistling: :fishing2:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
I await your presence on Burntside Lake for the Trout Showdown!! ;D
This is going to be one, fun day, kicking your butt :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I only fish Lakers in the winter, and will kick your butt in next year's Challenge with the other three species. training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
Oh Yeah!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wild is a: (Pick one, heck pick all if you want)
Coward, Whimp, Sissy, Puss Boy!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I only fish Lake Trout, a real Man's fish-so I'm sure you could not handle the side bet! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
I understand! ;D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Talk about Coward, Whimp, Sissy, Puss Boy!! 

You want a side bet with me but will not sign up foe 2011 Ice fishing challenge  now who Coward, Whimp, Sissy, Puss Boy!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I only fish Trout in the winnter Your starting to sound more like BB  :cry:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
What's wrong fishing for lakers? better than trying to catch bait through the ice :coffee: of course you boys down south don't have any real fish to catch through the ice, thats why you are having a perch contest!  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
How true, Bobby!!! :happy1:
Wimpy men catch wimpy fish through the ice. :fishing2:
Manly men fish for Lakers in the winter!! training-087 training-087
Wild could never pull up a Laker in the winter on his best day!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hoo Rah!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
How true, Bobby!!! :happy1:
Wimpy men catch wimpy fish through the ice. :fishing2:
Manly men fish for Lakers in the winter!! training-087 training-087
Wild could never pull up a Laker in the winter on his best day!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hoo Rah!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

I see your still in your dream world. just like you was in the last fishing challenge,  :moon: :moon:
Now if you are not going to sign up for this  2011 Ice fishing challenge!! your word mean nothing in this thread!!!

As there nothing I (wildlife Minnesota) can not do,,  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   This thread will have to be split.  Greatoutdoors is making empty boasts in a contest that does not exist.  Should he back those boasts up with little contest I would be happy to drive up to his neighborhood to collect that signed dollar personally.  Date, rules, and the name of bait shop that is open would make it interesting.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Ice conditions will be a factor so the date could be up in the air.  Rules for the Burntside showdown would be a good place to start. :toast:  Otherwise it's just  :spam: :coffee:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Hey wasn't Doc Holiday a dentist?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv