Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trap Theft...  (Read 1807 times)

Offline naturalistmn

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Eyes Wide Open
I've been ditch trappin' coon with DP's around the town I grew up in, Faribault, and just put out a new dozen.   I checked in the morning to find some S.O.B. has been stealing my coon, along with the traps.   Can you say NOT HAPPY!?!   I've called TIP and the head CO of Rice County.   VERY illegal.   Almost all my sets are not visable from the road.   Some one had to be lookin' for them or saw me settin'.   Not sure, but I would guess another trapper.   My reason, who carries a heavy wire cutter and something to dispatch a coon with?   The coon were dispatched, could tell from the blood, and the tie wire was clearly snipped.   This is some real B.S.   Who does that?   The cost of DP traps, gas, bait, time, and pelt value can really add up in big hurry.   If you were driving down the road you would have NO idea my sets are there, great thing about a DP.   Either I was seen by someone making the sets or someone was lookin' for them.
Makes a guy feel like he can't do anything now days.   I mean, if I can't mind my own business and trap a coon out on some back road ditch without having some coward steal my catch and gear, then what can you do now days?   People like this are a huge reason people stop participating in the outdoors.   I hope, whoever it is, stops and they nail the crap out of him.

Anyone else experince this?

Shoot straight and give'em the shaft!

Offline bonecollecter82

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That really suck them dps aint cheap either and really aint easy to see unless you have a good idea on what your looking for I would guess its a trapper wait a week or so and go back and see if there are someone elses traps set in where yours were or close to the area I would then guess thats who your thief is I have had that happen another good thing to do with traps is to etch a symbol or something on them on them just in case you ever come across them or are talking to another trapper and see it in the back of there truck.
What makes a BoneCollector?
They are the hunters that have the passion to go to the ends of the earth, in pursuit of the basic hunter instincy that was instilled in us at birth and is so often taken away in society.

Offline naturalistmn

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Eyes Wide Open
Yes, it does suck!   And no, they're not cheap!   Anyone who has ever ran a line, big or small, knows how much work and money goes into it.   To strip someone of their labor and efforts is unacceptable, in my standards anyways.   If a damn coon trap under the grass, under a road, in a culvert, on some back road isn't safe, what the hell is!?!   It makes me sick that we have people out there like this.   It really puts it into perspective on how people are shying away from our great outdoors.   Simply, it sucks...
Shoot straight and give'em the shaft!

Offline 0ly1

• Outdoorsman
This is the reason I am thinking about getting an expensive trail camera. It will take a picture of the S.O.B. and send it directly to your phone or computer.

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
What if he takes that

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Sorry to hear about the stolen traps and coon.  I hope they catch em!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline 0ly1

• Outdoorsman
What if he takes that;

He's caught on camera........Write a little note next to the trap or camera that says "Your picture is already on my phone, I'm on the way with the cops".
« Last Edit: November 11/10/11, 08:32:14 PM by 0ly1 »