Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: silver fox?  (Read 3552 times)

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Is this a pic of a silver fox or is it a highbread?  Head seems a bit red.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I think it's a grey fox - different species. Very cool.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Fawk is correct a Grey fox.  Silver fox are almost black, cross fox are like a red fox but a black streak down the back.  There were  bunch of these around Grand Forks growing up.

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I saw one last year, during deer season, climb a tree less than 100 yards from where this pic was taken.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Gray Fox

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I believe it's a gray fox.  I have a picture of one in a tree and it looks just like this one.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Positive a grey they are the only fox that climbs trees at leats around here.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yep, that is the infamous grey fox, I've seen them climb trees too while out bow/rifle hunting.  I think they would make a nice mount with a grouse in their mouth.  They are neat animals.

"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I might be convinced that it could be a silver if it weren't for it's tail, body structure, head and color not to mention ears. A silver isn't grey like the one in the pic it's more dark but with brighter white hence silver. A silver is a genetic mutation of the red fox. The body Identical to that of a red fox. In the wild they turn out mostly blak but with some silvering, due to being ranched over the yrs the ranch ones show it more deffinte. They for some reason happen more in the wild at higher alltitudes and the further north you go. Not many if any have been found in the wild below the (41st parallell).
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline lentz

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not sure about in mn but in wi if you are on privet land that you own you can shoot it and I think I would shoot it and debate weather to send it to wild or to just get it tanned