Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fall Walleye techniques  (Read 2337 times)

Offline houdini123

• Outdoorsman
Hey i was just wondering if anybody had some good fall walleye techniques i haven't really fished the fall before this year and have been having a lot of trouble getting them in the boat.  I've tried pulling bottom bouncers with about a six foot snell with a red hook and a fathead and had some luck but not as much as i thought i would have since from what i heard fall fishing is suppose to be some of the best fishing of the year.  Any advice would be absolutly awesome!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Hey i was just wondering if anybody had some good fall walleye techniques i haven't really fished the fall before this year and have been having a lot of trouble getting them in the boat.  I've tried pulling bottom bouncers with about a six foot snell with a red hook and a fathead and had some luck but not as much as i thought i would have since from what i heard fall fishing is suppose to be some of the best fishing of the year.  Any advice would be absolutly awesome!!

First of all I would like to   ::welcome::  you to the site!!  Spring and fall are my favorite times for eyes.  It's jig and minnow time.   In the fall I like shiners if I can get them.  The bigger the better.  Snap jigging given the right conditions can't be beat.  Slow and stealthy does not always apply to walleye. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline houdini123

• Outdoorsman
Well thanks for the tip i actually went out tonight and did the best i have done all year right around 45 walleyes made it in the boat  ;D even though most of them are still swimming man was it fun!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 :happy1: :happy1:  It's only going to get better until the ice.  Then hit those same spots on early ice and you will be  :dancinred: :dancinred:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.