Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Average age is going up!  (Read 2053 times)

Offline eelpout

• Outdoorsman
I saw on the news that the average age of  the fisherman is going up.  It once was as low as 36, it now is in the mid 40's.  Why do you think that is?  Part of it is probably the baby boomer era, but they said the younger people aren't buying licenses in the numbers they were before.  I think video games and keeping up with the Jones has a lot to do with it.  Less people on the water is nice, but at the same time, as the numbers go down, the numbers of anti's will go up.
« Last Edit: January 01/06/07, 05:00:27 PM by eelpout »
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I have my four little ones out fishing.  The youngest is only two, and she loves to go.  This day and age we are just go, go, go.  We need to take time to pass on our passions to the next generations.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
These it is go go go just as OJ said. I am very busy but still find time to take my kids hunting, fishing, camping, and whatever else we can do. It is not as much as I would like to. I dont think most people take the time anymore and that is sad.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline eelpout

• Outdoorsman
Is it that we have to go, go, go or that we choose to go, go, go.  I gave up going to non family grad parties, just to get a few more days in the summer.  Use up your sick days!!  I really want to kick he crap out of the person who came up with the 40 hour work week!  In England, you must take at least 2 months off of work, in Denmark, it's illegal to work over 32 hours a week.  We are trained to live for the future, but what about right now?
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline tomcat

• Outdoorsman
I took all my kids fishing & hunting when they were  little. They grow up & have differant interest. Now I take the grand Kids fishing.We still do our grouse hunting trips.the grand kids come along with that also.

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
2007 deer season is going to be unbeleivable. My oldest gets to hunt and I dont know who is more excited me or him. On the other hand my youngest son is really pi**** off because he cant go for at least another three years. But he will still be at camp with us.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.