Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: February 19th 2013  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
For all of my Nebraska Iowa customers I will have my booth at the Omaha Sports show Feb.21, 22, 23 & 24th so if you are coming around look me up. I will have a copy of all the current information that is available on Oahe as Geno Adams the head biologist for the area has provided me with copy's at the Rapid City show and you are welcome to look them over. I haven't looked but this info might also be posted on the GF&P'S web site. Haven't been around Oahe for a week so I am out of touch with the current bitebut I am up on snow pack in the basin. It is around 70 to 80 percent (not good) and Oahe is 27 feet down from normal pool. The biggest months for run off water are coming up however so every one is hoping for a lot of snow/rain in March April and May. GF&Ps also along with all of us hope for a smelt run this spring and rising water can help that. Money has also been allotted to keep most of the major boat ramps in service so access to Oahe should be good in 2013. The numbers of fish in the lake look good and reports from ice fishermen up and down Oahe do not seem to indicate a lot of stressed fish with the fish being caught looking healthy for the most part. The bite last week was slower around Pierre but up around Akaska and Mobridge good in around 35 to 40 fow. If you booked a trip with me last year (2012) and haven't contacted me in 2013 please do so to verify dates etc.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch