Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: i pilot and Humminbird i link  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Does anybody have an i pilot and Humminbird sonar/gps? I bought myself an i pilot for Xmas and I'm looking at new depthfinders. I want to know what the Humminbird units with i link will do compared to the units without the i link feature. I also noticed that there is a product called i pilot LINK that sells for $800. It looks like just a remote control to me. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  :scratch:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Dear Wyofish. Wish I could help you but I'm confident some big-brained tech savvy MNO member will come along and tell you all you need to know (or at least some of what you need to know).
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Find a .teenager that fishes a lot and they will show you everything you will need to know.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline weldgasman

• Outdoorsman
This is a great question. I also have an i pilotwith a 898 sonar. I will do some research last year when I bought it i ask and they said nothing.

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
How do you like your 898 weldgasman? I'm not sure how valuable the side imaging and down imaging is. Would you buy the same unit again?

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Call Reed's in Walker and ask to talk to Kevin...that guy knows more about all Birds and Lowrance than the makers, IMO...

Offline weldgasman

• Outdoorsman
Wyo,

Sure would. I do not have the side but do have the down. It is like looking down the ice hole witha camera while trolling. With the lakemaster chip is nice too. Need to use it more often though, I keep forgeting how to get the maps up.

Offline weldgasman

• Outdoorsman
Wyo,

I stopped at Cabela's today and made a bee line for the electronics dept. Looking at the units I realized I have the 858c with Down imaging. While I was there I got the low down the link. Since the fishing mafia, A.K.A  Johnson Outdoors, owns both Hummingbird, Minn Kota, and Lakemaster, all the components can now speak to each other. It sounds awesome for and extra 800 dollars. Your i-pilot now would become your gps antenna and it will follow the gps info on your lakemaster chip in your hummingbird unit. Also you need the 2013 lakemaster chip for that extra cost on top of the 800. This uprade sounds awesome but a lot of cabbage for this weekend lake warrior. Hope this helps.

Just a note. Small companies have made the fshing sport awesome, what are we in for when corporate amercia takes the Good ol boy sport.

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks. I was looking at the 858 as well. It looks like a nice unit. I also talked to someone at Humminbird, and they gave me the scoop. I guess the 2013 Humminbirds with iLink can communicate with the ipilots. Idon't know how it works with older models.

Offline prosupermag

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • 2013 DDS Multi Species Side Bet Challenge Winner
I have an 898 and my terova with i-pilot link will be here tomorrow so that i can instal it.  the link will allow the lakemaster chip talk with the trolling motor and make the trolling motor follow a countour or a set distance off of a contour and the link also alows for saveing more spot locks and I-tracks   the older units can run the link it is just a softwere upgrade from humminbird the depthfinder just has to have an ethernet hookup I beleve that is anything from the 700 series on up but i know the 800, 900, and 1100 series all have ethernet except for the older 900 series i believe      you also have to have a verson 4 lakemaster chip for the ipiolt link to work with the follow the contour feature