Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lake's Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area fishing report for May 10th and 11th 2013  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The fishing on both Oahe and Sharpe in the Pierre area is excellent for walleye with many northern and smallmouth being caught also. There were a lot of boats around over the weekend with most anglers taking limits home. I guided repeat customers Keith Leonard his son Doug and grandson Cooper from Atlantic Iowa to two days of as good as it gets walleye fishing. We caught probably 50 to 75 walleye each day with them keeping around 25 fish a day with there extra bonus fish under 15 inch. We caught all of these fish on Oahe in the Cheyenne river arm using both bttmbouncer/minnow or jigs/Gulp. We fished in 10 fow or less day one but moved out to 15 to 20 fow day two. Just a great family outing and with the weather holding a great trip for them. I also had a Bachelor Party group out ramrodded by Jess Johnson all from around the Glendive MT, Area. Guides Dave Spaid, Scott Van Lear and Gail Johnson helped me with this group getting 77 walleye day one and full limits day two so they did a great job for these guys and everybody had a super time. I will mention that the key to a lot of the numbers fishing right know is looking for the stained warmer waters with water temps in the 50'sand concentrating efforts around known spawning area's. I think the bigger fish bite is ready to go as many of the bigger female fish are moving away from the spawn and starting to feed. So far all the fish we are catching are healthy. Sharpe is putting out limits for just about every angler. Shallow water minnows or gulp still is the right way to catch them. It is real busy on the river in Pierre so if you want to get away from the boat traffic you have to travel down river. Pulling plugs also is working for those that like that style of fishing with my favorite Berkley Flicker Shads. Fishing should continue to stay very good as water warm's.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch