Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area fishing report April 15th to 24th 2014  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I have not been on the water personally but talking to some of the other guides that I work with I will do a quick report. The bite on Sharpe in the Pierre can be hard some days if current is strong so it is not real consistent. I think the spawn is going both at West Bend and around Pierre so it is mostly male walleye that are being caught. West Bend can be a little spotty too but most experienced fishermen are coming in with limits but working for them some days. Lake Oahe is about the same with northern fishing good from the bank and walleye fishing also spotty. I heard about some limits up on the Cheyenne river but they also involved all day fishing. Jigs and gulp/minnows or bouncer minnow rigs are the bait of choice but pulling plugs works. Thirty fow on the big lake seemed to be the starting point. I am not sure about any Salmon report and small mouth are still spotty also. I will start to publish reports after May 1st on a every two or three day basis.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch