Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area fishing report for June 4th 5th and 6th 2014  (Read 934 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The weather has been great for the last three days and favored the John Hansen, Chuck Holsapple and Wayne Labart group from Bellevue NE. I had a great time guiding these repeat customers to full limits of nice 17 to 19 inch walleye plus some real nice walleye meals while they were here. Due to muddy access roads we fished the West Bend area (paved road) for all three days catching most of the walleye in around 20 fow on spinner/bouncer night crawler rigs. There is a lot of fishermen using this area but we managed to travel just far enough away from the main community spots to fish for the most part alone and I think this helps in catching just a little nicer size avg. walleye. I will mention the weather as being a big part of every trip even thru the month of June so be prepared for storms moving thru. Paying attention to local forecasts is a good habit. Minnows leeches and jig/plug fishing will all catch the fish right now so if you have a favorite method it should work. Oahe report hasn't changed with the bite being very good (numbers of walleye) but size of the fish is the challenge with many smaller walleye in the lake. Depths from very shallow to 30 fow are holding fish. One key to success is looking for stained/mud line's water as the fish spook easily in the real blue water. Some nice smallmouth are coming in along with some Northern Pike.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch