Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre SD area for Sept 6th thru the 10th 2014  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The fishing on Oahe continues to be very good especially on the nice fall days. Weather is always a factor with fall fishing and if you are planning a trip here hope for the nice days. I guided Lonnie Wann and his group of Agra grow guys(repeats customers for many years) for three days of solid fishing. Guides Dave Spaid, Scott Van Leare, Ne John and Jody Cutler helped me and even with the weather taking a turn for the worst a great time was had by all. Full possession limits of 17 inch average size fat healthy walleye along with some smallmouth bass, northern pike, white bass and catfish were caught along with two nights of walleye for supper .These guys are from Nebraska and Iowa and most of us guides have gotten to know them over the years and really look forward to their annual trip. We all fished Oahe in depths of around 10 fow to 25 fow using bottom/bouncer/ minnow crawler or gulp rigs along with a few of us pulling plugs on the second day in 30 mph wind. On their last day I did take some guys in the group down on Sharpe cat fishing catching 19 big ones (3 to 10 lbs.) by noon. Sharpe is still putting out fish and some days can be very good but remember the 15 inch size limit. That can make coming in with a full bag challenging some days. Minnows /chubs are coming into play more in both lakes Salmon fishing has picked up some but for the most part can still be iffy. All in all if you get favored with nice fall weather and get good info as to were the main bites are( There is more baitfish from little Bend north) you can expect to do well.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch