Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing report Lakes Oahe, Sharpe Pierre area for Oct 4th 5th and 6th 2014  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I took Mason Fleenor from Ida Grove Iowa and his friend Jim Brehm from the Dunes SD fishing on a couple of windy days. The first day we went on Oahe, caught three walleye and then had to get off the big lake due to weather (Big wind/rain). We decided to fish for catfish on Sharpe below the dam the rest of the day and caught maybe 10 from 3 lbs. to 10 lbs. saving the day. Went back on Oahe for walleye day two in better conditions and got their limit of real nice walleye and 3 crappie. We caught these fish in around 20 fow on minnow/ Bouncer rigs. I am going to take them down to West Bend for a half day of fishing on their way home so will cover that in my next report. A couple of nice guys and we had a great time. Once again the bite around Pierre is good when the weather lets you fish. There has been a lot of wind this past week making for tougher fishing but that comes and goes so if you are planning a trip cross your finger's this time of the year as it is a real factor in the success of every trip.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch