Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What would someone be trapping now?  (Read 1649 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday while exploring I came across a trap set.  Dog food and a marsh mellow were used as bait.  The leg hold trap was placed in front of a makeshift cave.  Actually just small logs and branches with one way in.  No name on the trap.  I'm going back there tomorrow and am not sure what to do.  The trap set is basically on the property line or may actually be on my property. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The only thing open now is unprotected ( coyote skunk coon? ) The earliest season opens Oct 18. The trap needs to have a name tag or ID number on it unless on their own property. If it doesn't have either contact your local C.O. and let them take care of it. If there is a question about property line, then it gets tricky. The C.O. should be able to GPS the site then bring it up on a map to determine if it is on your property.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday while exploring I came across a trap set.  Dog food and a marsh mellow were used as bait.  The leg hold trap was placed in front of a makeshift cave.  Actually just small logs and branches with one way in.  No name on the trap.  I'm going back there tomorrow and am not sure what to do.  The trap set is basically on the property line or may actually be on my property.
If the trap is fer dem varmits and you think its on yer land,Then you think its a neighbor. I'd first aks the neighbor whats up? It may be a kid just tryin to trap a varmit or illegal set.First the neighbor if thats who set it has to be contacted.Keep da peace and if its a kid and you know even a bit about trapping help him or her.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Coon would be my guess with themarshmellow. Season opens the 25 th of oct I believe. Pelts arnt prime yet.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.