Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a conservation officer  (Read 804 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     Ask a conservation officer: Follow state rules for harbor fishing.

Q: When I am ice fishing on the Duluth harbor inside of Park Point, how many lines can I use? Isn’t part of the harbor in Wisconsin? Do I need a Wisconsin license?

A: Minnesota and Wisconsin have a reciprocal licensure agreement that works like this: Minnesota residents must have a Minnesota angling license. Wisconsin residents must have a Wisconsin angling license. When so licensed, an angler is then allowed to fish all of the designated “border waters” from bank to bank in the St. Louis River and harbor.

Beyond that, you must follow the laws of the state in which you are fishing. In other words, if you are licensed as described above, and are on the Wisconsin side of the line, you must follow their regulations and may use up to three lines. An angler, from either state, is similarly restricted to two lines on the Minnesota side of the state line. It would be a good idea to carry a GPS to make sure you are in the correct state if you are going to exercise privileges allowed by one state and not the other. Be very careful of ice conditions in the harbor as our changing weather has greatly weakened the ice. Good luck!
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again