Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Headlight out on 2008 Silverado  (Read 3169 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 :bonk:   Well it seems like the engeneers over at Chev want you to trade your truck in when your passenger side headlight burns out.  The driver side you can reach the headlight assembly without taking anything apart.  The passenger side however involves removing the grill.  Now I have watched some youtube videos on how to do it and most remove the whole air cleaner housing and removing a rack that it sits in.  The rack snaps out which then gives you access to the bulb.  One guy mentioned you can just snap out the whole air cleaner assembly without taking the air-cleaner housing apart.  He did not demonstrate it however.  Has anyone tried this and how hard would it be to snap that assembly back in place?  I plan on doing this Sat. when it warms up a little.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I hear ya. these new vehicles seem to be designed so the average joe can work on them. training-087 :banghead:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Wish ya luck! I quit doing cars and trucks cept for oil changes and minor repairs,When they started cramming things in and all the stuff on todays vehicles is mind boggling! Even my 1988 ford I dont know how to pull the headlight lens its turned yellow and light at night is really dim! Lucky a small town mechanic only charges 60 a hour out here! and they know me well! Free advice with a phone call from them if I try myself.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I remember having to replace the drivers side on mine and said to myself, "Glad it wasn't the passengers side that went out".  Good Luck DDS but I'm sure you'll get it. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
They do that on purpose. I love it on my 99 just pull out the 2 pins take out light and replace. Done in 5 minutes at most. A guy I work was talking to me about that his brother had to take there newer suv(can't remember what brand) but it cost him 250$ to have it replaced. Had to take the wheel off and a lot of other stuff just to get to the head light.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
They do that on purpose. I love it on my 99 just pull out the 2 pins take out light and replace. Done in 5 minutes at most. A guy I work was talking to me about that his brother had to take there newer suv(can't remember what brand) but it cost him 250$ to have it replaced. Had to take the wheel off and a lot of other stuff just to get to the head light.
there outta be a law against that crap. like a simple common sense thing to putting all the gas caps on the same side the car!!! SHEEZ!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!