Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2015 Official MNO Fishing Challenge Contestant's Smackdown thread.  (Read 210947 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Borgie :queen: say's she don't mind giving a sneak preview of the team names she's got lined up. Here's a hint towards her top 5 names:

1.Borgie's

2.Borgie's

3.Borgie's

4.Borgie's

5.Borgie's
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Borgie :queen: say's she don't mind giving a sneak preview of the team names she's got lined up. Here's a hint towards her top 5 names:

1.Borgie's

2.Borgie's

3.Borgie's

4.Borgie's

5.Borgie's
She better pray she greased the judges palm enough to end up on the same team I'm on, or the REAL name of all five will be "Borgie's Team Loses," (again)  just as she did when the Eve of Destruction crushed her team like a bug in the 2014 MNO Challenge!!  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
For getting beat that badly, she should take out that club and give herself a few on the noggin!!  :bonk:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
All hail the current reigning champion, "THE EVE OF DESTRUCTION!"  :kingscourt:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yeah Im sure everyone would want to steal, "Lazy Lee's Lampreys" or lee's loser squad or Borgersens burnt burger bunch,  yeah im in line for one of those team names :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
 Sorry but Hard Horse Oblivion is spoken for. so whos ever on my team thats the name..... unless u really dont want that name, then we'll think of an even way cooler name, Like Chicken fried steak studs, wow thats a good one two, CLAIM!
 But names Like"Lee's least likely to lust after" is also spoken for. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Boar,
Hows abouts Lee's team being called "Borgersen's Burbots?"  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey Boar,
Hows abouts Lee's team being called "Borgersen's Burbots?"  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Burbots :scratch: are those  the things dangling from your  :moon:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Ten days left to sign up.  Three more in will give us 8 teams that will be randomly drawn.  The teams will be drawn and posted Wed. May 6th.  Bumper sticker payment must be received before the 12 noon deadline to enter.  You do not need to have it in possession at anytime during the contest.  Good luck to all that have entered and remember we still have a few spaces available if you want to get in.
« Last Edit: April 04/27/15, 08:47:51 AM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Those are tacos dingleberrys.about as back as cow cakes after lying down for the night. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch:  I thought those were participles.   :coffee:
You got it DDS!  :happy1:
Borgie says she's tired of washing all the "dangling participles" out of Lee's Speedos, & insists he start wearing his Depends underneath!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Put my letter in the mail today.

:happy1:   Only two more to make enough for 8 teams.   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Who's doing the judging over in the Sally Saucer division? :rotflmao: Over by dare on da Dark Side. :scratch:

So, Like they must be competing with each other as it stands now. :doah:

"If you decide to travel to Lonesome Town, expect to be lonesome."
« Last Edit: April 04/30/15, 12:50:43 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
C'mon Lee,  ;)
Of course they have to compete against themselves, since they can't beat anyone else!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Looks like a 0-0 tie in the making!!!  :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

::welcome:: Big Slick

One of our previous Challenge Championship team members has just signed up as of today. Big Slick is looking forward to seeing 2 more persons sign up to round out the 8th team in the challenge. If two more of our sight members would cross over the RR tracks to sign up they would put themselves right in the thick of it. Not to mention the benefits of having their fish measured by official challenge judges. It would also give them a chance to win a real championship.

How about it boys?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/30/15, 03:49:14 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No hatchet to bury in my book.  We just hope you feel the same next year. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
No hatchet to bury in my book.  We just hope you feel the same next year. :happy1:

Us old guys just hope to feel anything tomorrow let alone next year.   Until then there is some  :moon: to be kicked.   training-087 training-087    Non combatants will not be harmed in this contest. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
No hatchet to bury in my book.  We ? just hope you feel the same next year. :happy1:

That's swell! :happy1:   Would you care to elaborate on the "next year" statement since you brought it up. :scratch: The viewers here might be interested. :popcorn:
« Last Edit: May 05/01/15, 01:42:30 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Mama said" HennyPenny can fish in the Challenge next year!"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lee we shall see who signs up.  If I actually see all "warriors" I'd be happy to join.

Well General, you've seen the sign up list. I don't see any actual looser's on the roster do you! Of course i'm not you. So, in your opinion do you see any unsatisfactory members having signed up. I know that your worst nightmare didn't sign up so for you that should be a real plus. If the roster don't meet your standards I guess we won't have the pleasure of your company this year.

I'm just trying to be realistic based upon your above statement. What say you? I wouldn't waste time on this except we really would like to see you and HD sign up.

Many BWCA Reports

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
he told be he's deathly afraid to get stuck on boars team?????????? :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lee,

I believe you to be honestly sincere in your post so I will answer very honestly.  I wouldn't call anyone a loser.  I see a majority of people who I would call "warriors" and I see 5 or 6 or 7 that are in it just to be in it and if they catch something "that is an upgrade" it might be posted.  I am however very interested and very well could be wrong but I expect very few teams where every member posts one fish from each category depending who gets drawn to each team.  I could better answer this question after the teams are drawn.  However I can predict to a 99.9% chance that team Winner Winner Chicken Dinner has a fish from each category posted for every team member.  In which I hope in the future to give others who go out and give 100% every year the same joy.  I hope that was honest and sincere enough for you Lee.

Warrior = 1. Someone who will go out and fish because they are apart of a team and their team needs them. (which they signed up for as no one is forcing them)
2.  May normally fish for just 1 of the 3 species but because their team needs them will target all fish at one time or another.
3.  Someone who adds something to the web site as a whole and not just the fishing challenge.

*Disclaimer: Warrior may be substituted by good teammate, fishing challenge extraordinaire, beer drinker, and Chicken  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/01/15, 04:29:02 PM by The General »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I would be too glenn, I would be too.. Hey glenn I got something for ya.............. :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  General I agree with Lee that we would like you guys to participate.  I expect most teams to have all three members try to post their three fish.  Whether they all can get a successful picture is another story.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Trophy fish are just that.  Not everyone will be able to post a trophy but can post a legal fish to help their team.  The team drawing will be in a few days and the staple item will be announced.  Wednesday  is the big day.  We still need two more contestants for this years challenge to get to 8 teams.  If we don't get them Big Slick will get a refund and have to sit this year out.   There is still hope though.  The sign up is open until noon on Wed.  No late entries.   :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
DDS trust me when I say this, I hope your prediction is correct :happy1: and I can say I was wrong.  Sorry though but I will not be entering. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Chicken Little has left the building! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
That's Henny Penny get it right.  I'm sure boar has heard that a couple million times though. :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Alright, but henny penny is more on the feminate side of the chicken species, So henny penny it is. Ms penny. :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well this is the last full day to sign up for the 2015 MNO fishing challenge.  If you have not sent a check yet you will be sitting this year out.  Lees mail doesn't come in until after 12 tomorrow so todays mail will be it.  UNLESS you chose to pay online via paypal.    You will need to send me a pm and give me your paypal email address so I can request payment from you.  You then in-tern can send your payment online.  If you are interested in doing this don't wait.  The transaction has to be completed before tomorrows 12 noon deadline.  We could still use two more to round out a full 8 teams.   The teams will be posted tomorrow evening as well as an announcement of the staple item for this summer which must be included in your fish pictures. 
Good luck everyone.   :happy1:    It looks like the competition will be tough this year.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Dds my offer still stands. I am willing to sit this contest out and let big slick take my coveted last spot. I will still be a judge.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.