Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area fishing report for April 23rd to May 2nd 2015  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I have been getting in late so have got behind on these reports but will try to get them on line now about every 3 days. Fishing has been spotty up till May but we have been putting limits in the boat recently so I will call the bite much better especially on the lower end of Sharpe. Catfish/Northern mostly on Oahe however water temps coming up so this bite is right on the edge of going. I guided Mark Engel the Johnson group from around Rapid and then the Mike Austin group from Denver with limited results but getting full possession limit's at the bend on Sharpe for the Austin group. The bite at the bend is everywhere from 3 fow to 20 fow as the spawn is about over. We caught all of our walleye /bass in less than 5 fow fishing gravel/shale spots with either minnows or gulp the last to days but fishermen were catching them out to 20 fow. Water temps on Sharpe are in the 50's at the bend and high 40s around Pierre were the bite is good for some and not so good for others as the key is running across a spawning female with a lot on males around. Pitching /dragging jig the best choice but bottom bouncer/minnows work some. On Sharpe I look for crawlers to come into play soon. Smallmouth fishing is excellent on Sharpe also. Remember to drain live well/boats when you leave fish cleaning or ramp area's to comply with the new reg's.

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch