Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report Lake's Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area for Aug 12th and 13th 2015  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I fished two great couples from over Wyoming way Todd and Heidi Richius along with their friends Neil and Cynthia Brinkerhoff to their possession limits of walleye along with some smallmouth bass and some great catfish. We fished both days down on Sharpe using bouncer/crawler rigs in anywhere from 10 fow to 20 fow for the walleye/smallmouth and anchored up in 40 to 50 fow for the catfish. We did this as we had their limits of walleye by 11 o'clock so we just dropped crawlers down to 50 feet and had some fun catching channel catfish. They had some nice meals while they were here and took home some coolers full of filets. Sharpe is going strong but the size is smaller than on Oahe. Oahe is putting out real nice walleye if you can find the fish either when they are up in shallower water (sometimes hard) or going after them deeper in 40 fow to 50 fow. It is more challenging to come in with limits of fish on Oahe some days but if size is something that is important to you it is better. Fishing deep requires sometimes keeping smaller fish as they can be un-releasable when they come up from the deeper depths. I try to find shallow fish first but if I am struggling I will go after them all the way down to 60 fow some days. Minnows/Chubs seem to work better at these depths but crawlers/Gulp work. A side note, my friend Dave Csanda/Lindner Media/Angling Buzz has invited me to do a weekly video on their new site so I will start that for the Pierre area this week and will post when and were you can find those reports in my next report.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch