Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Anyone figure out how to use a portable buddy to heat food in your shack?  (Read 1605 times)

Offline hardwaterfreak

I currently have a Mr.  Heater Portable Buddy and would like to use it to maybe heat up some food out on the ice.   Any ideas?

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
There are several mods people have used. Just google "cooking with a portable buddy" and you'll find information there including a couple videos.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Yep as Retired says there are a lot of mods that work... Most a home made grate that fit over the front making a ledge to put  your food/coffee pot on.  Using a grate from either a paint roller or cooking pan, bending and attaching to top and front with wire or metal clamps.   Most cook in a aluminum loaf pan so not to have droppings or flair up on the Buddy heater.   Here is a link to a bunch of them...http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=132730.0

Offline hardwaterfreak

Well,  I did a lot of surfing today researching to find something to heat up food on my Buddy heater.   I found something that might be just what I'm looking for.   I don't know how to post pics here yet but there is a website to buy it at buddyburners.com.   Anyone have one of these?   If so,  how do you like it?   Thanks!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
herees one ive done before and buddys have, this is a picture from a buddys buddy heater from another forum ive done simular mods.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"