Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report for Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area for week ending May 22nd 2016  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I got behind on these reports, however I will try to keep current from now on. Did a bunch of guiding with a lot of repeat customers from the Nat Luhrs group from Ne. to the Steve Anderson Group from Az and lastly Doug Hays and Doug Kellering from Kc Mo all repeat customers and just great customers and friends. The bite down at West Bend on Sharpe is great for both walleye and smallmouth in 10 fow or less with bouncer/minnow, jigs gulp, plug pulling and now even nightcrawler rigs. I sent all of the above customers home with limits of walleye bass and lots of catfish with some northern pike. Oahe is going when the weather allows access. Most of the fish on the big lake are being caught in shallow water with jigs/gulp minnows/bouncers in shallow stained water in the back of rivers/creeks. The main bite is on at Lake Sharpe and starting to go on Oahe with weather still being the key to great trips both lakes. Look for the warmer wind blown stained water for the best success.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch