Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Food plots work - Finally  (Read 1850 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last Monday I sprayed roudup on 4 plots and mowed another in the woods plot.  Yesterday I mowed three plots that were planted late last summer.  I had planted a mixture of rye, turnips, and clover.  The rye and turnips grew nicely last fall and now the clover is coming in really good.  I mowed these plots to give the clover a fresh start.  I think they will be a big draw for the deer.  I may over seed it with some turnips later this summer.  I have about an acre plot that I plan to plant beans.  I better get going on that before it's too late to get a crop.

This is my plot sprayer.  I have a tank with pump and I made the sprayer bar.  It has two nozzles in a pvc pipe.  The hose connects to my tank and the nozzles.  Chains for height adjustment depending on where I'm spraying.

Mowing the overgrowth should give the clover a jump start for the fall.

Nothing to do with plots but just a very nice view from a hill top
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice.  My clover and alfalfa it coming up and the spot with the turnips and radishes looks like things are happening too.  Everything is about 2 or 3 " high as of yesterday. 

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
I started one last weekend. Got it mowed and plan to disc it then spray, disc and spray then plant. It's about half acre in size. It will double in size next year.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Looking good Deadeye!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Looking good Deadeye.  I have the same exact sprayer minus the chain adjustable nozzles.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.